PDA

View Full Version : Osfted views in Nursery World Mag

jo.jo76
25-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Sir Michael Wilshaw article in Nursery World says - I am also in favour of the Government's proposals for home-based care. Childminder agencies will help to ease the burden of registration and will also help to remove the sense of isolation that so many childminders who work alone say they feel. All early years providers, including childminders, need access to the leadership, expert support and professional development that can be provided through effective networks. Many more childminders could benefit from working together in networks and we are committed to consulting on the new inspection framework which could effectively hold this new model of working in early years to account

I don't think I have ever said that registration was a burden or felt isolated, especially with all you guys here, support from my network, my local children centre and local drop in groups/library etc.

jillplum
25-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Networks are fine. I have had lots of support from mine. Agencies are a completely different things as far as I am concerned.

SYLVIA
25-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Truss has brainwashed him!

WibbleWobble
25-02-2013, 01:22 PM
he just sees pound signs.....

wibble the cheesed off x

silvermist
25-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Mmm, Im afraid she might be brainwashing alot of people! :(

loocyloo
25-02-2013, 01:27 PM
i'm in favour of networks ... we already have those!!! i'm not in favour of agencies!

and as for the 'burden' of registering, i was talking to someone at the weekend whose sister registered as a childminder - and did all online over a couple of weekends plus first aid course! my ICP ( ok, it was 10 years ago ) took a term, at least, of one evening a week plus homework!

jillplum
25-02-2013, 01:28 PM
I went to our network meeting this morning and Im afraid I rather took it over once I got on my soap box about agencies. A lot of the cm and the lea staff didnt know anything about it. Worrying.:mad:

nipper
25-02-2013, 01:30 PM
He's talking out of his :censored:

jo.jo76
25-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I went to our network meeting this morning and Im afraid I rather took it over once I got on my soap box about agencies. A lot of the cm and the lea staff didnt know anything about it. Worrying.:mad:

I had exactly the same thing happen to me at my meeting, no one had any idea, all they really knew was the ratios were changing!

jillplum
25-02-2013, 01:34 PM
I think ratios is like the trojan horse. Get everyone talking about numbers while they slip the agency things past us all.

FussyElmo
25-02-2013, 01:42 PM
What a :censored:wit.

Perhaps if the government hadnt reduced all the monies to the la's they wouldnt have had to make redundent all the early years staff and so causing the closure of mnay networks.

And if the :censored:wit made sure all his ofsted sang from the hymm sheet it would help but no....................

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

jo.jo76
25-02-2013, 01:44 PM
I've just noticed my letter to Nursery World is on the opposite page to this article!! :-)

The Juggler
25-02-2013, 01:49 PM
the support SHOULD come from networks yes - but ones run by local authorities or at least a paid network co-ordinator with the qualifications and experience to advice properly - and it should be FREE!

You're not kidding that agencies will ease the burden of registration Mr Wilshaw - cos no-one will be registering any more - it'll be too expensive :panic:

loocyloo
25-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Exclusive: Why I believe we need to raise qualifications | comment | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/channel/comment/news/1172172/Exclusive-Why-I-believe-need-raise-qualifications/)

SammySplodger
25-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I genuinely feel physically sick.

Unable to write a response to this article without using the F word several times.

:-( :-( :-(

Maria Pia
25-02-2013, 03:49 PM
I genuinely feel physically sick.

Unable to write a response to this article without using the F word several times.

:-( :-( :-(

I share the sick feeling... I feel doomed too, it feels that they are talking about the agencies as a done deal...

Clearly Ofsted is supporting the agency model, it is all about reducing the cost of inspections, they do not care what the consequences are for our businesses and the families and children we care for... I feel like going on strike...shall we?

lilac_dragon
25-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I share the sick feeling... I feel doomed too, it feels that they are talking about the agencies as a done deal...

Clearly Ofsted is supporting the agency model, it is all about reducing the cost of inspections, they do not care what the consequences are for our businesses and the families and children we care for... I feel like going on strike...shall we?

Maybe what's needed is for us to pitch up at 10 Downing Street en masse! Couldn't ignore us, and the papers would give us LOVELY headlines, I'm sure.

mummyMia
25-02-2013, 05:22 PM
I think ratios is like the trojan horse. Get everyone talking about numbers while they slip the agency things past us all.

Sadly, this is what I think the plan is too. :(

Maria Pia
25-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Maybe what's needed is for us to pitch up at 10 Downing Street en masse! Couldn't ignore us, and the papers would give us LOVELY headlines, I'm sure.

Tempting... I am up for it, shall we try? We need a good number of us though, but it should be feasible. They are relying on lack of information, so let's make sure this tactic will fail. Let's show them that we are independent business people, not a bunch of incompetents as they are painting us to be.

The Juggler
25-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Tempting... I am up for it, shall we try? We need a good number of us though, but it should be feasible. They are relying on lack of information, so let's make sure this tactic will fail. Let's show them that we are independent business people, not a bunch of incompetents as they are painting us to be.

I'm definately up for a protest at downing street - try and stop me - we can get the kids help us make the banners.

sarah707
25-02-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm definately up for a protest at downing street - try and stop me - we can get the kids help us make the banners.

Watch this space... I understand something is being organised by parents...

Richard (who, by the way, is doing a grand job on our behalf, juggling press comments, petition emails and all sorts of other things with his normal work) had a message from a group earlier.

I will fill you in when I know more! :D

FussyElmo
25-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Thank you Richard :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
25-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Sounds interesting :)

mum24
25-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Oh yes, time to get noticed....I am with you.....

WibbleWobble
25-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh yes, time to get noticed....I am with you.....

i will flash my bazookas at them...that will scare them!

wibble the topless xx

leeanne910
25-02-2013, 07:37 PM

wibble the topless xx

Lol wibble haaaahaha

The Juggler
25-02-2013, 10:20 PM

wibble the topless xx

now wibble much as the blokes watching would love that, don't think it will much help our cause to look like responsible adults :laughing::laughing:

MessybutHappy
25-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Might make the front pages though!!

SammySplodger
25-02-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure boobies is the way to go...

Think we should all dress up as babies and toddlers (onsies?!) and run about randomly, stopping for a huge tantrum outside no 10.

Well that thought cheared me up a bit.
Need to sleep.
Night all x

Bananabrain
26-02-2013, 10:03 AM

My local childminding group was talking about marching on Downing St. Well, some of them anyway.
Unfortunately, alot of my local childminders are a little bit 'I'm alright Jack' and don't really realise the implications of the proposals. Then there are those who live in caves and don't have a clue what's going on:angry:
I'm certainly up for a visit to no. 10 and know a few others who would join me.

jillplum
26-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Its a long way from here to downing street but if I can I will be there!