PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Hodgson MP

SammySplodger
21-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Sharon Hodgson MP (Shadow Children & Families) has been sending supportive tweets today and just confirmed the 2nd reading will be 3.30 pm on Monday. It will be live on the Parliament channel (81 on my BT Vision).

mum26
21-02-2013, 11:40 PM
That's brilliant that she is supportive. Will be on school run when this is aired - although may try and get my daughter (reg. assistant) to go instead.

miffy
22-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Thanks for that Sammy - it's good to know we have some support!

I wonder if its pure coincidence that it will be debated at the same time most of us are on the school run!

Miffy xx

sarah707
22-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Sharon Hodgson is one of the MPs I sent a printed copy of our www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc response to!!

I can't tell you how delighted I am that she has clearly read it and is taking up the fight for us!! :cheerleader:

I will write to her later and say thank you :D:D

mazza58
22-02-2013, 08:18 AM
I had a letter from my local mp who I sent a letter to and he thanked me for the letter and said he will be following it up, so glad that I wrote to him now

sarah707
06-03-2013, 06:42 PM
I have again read that Sharon Hodgson MP is supporting childminders!! :cheerleader:Thank you! :cheerleader:

Sharon Hodgson MP

I am sorry to say that I truly believe that the Minister and the Secretary of State sat before us today are the most out of touch in the whole of Whitehall—apart from those in Downing street, that is.

They pursue policies such as increasing child care ratios that generate almost unanimous opposition from across the country, to which they refuse to listen while systematically undermining popular services such as Sure Start by slashing the budget by almost half.

When will they start listening to the people whom they are supposed to serve and put the best interests of children and families—rather than dogma and pet policies—at the forefront of their policy?

She is a star - this is the strongest statement I have seen yet saying that Ms Truss has got it wrong!!

If you are on Twitter you can thank her @sharonhodgsonMP :D

SammySplodger
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Great statement. Have thanked her. :-D