PDA

View Full Version : Who did ET ask?

jackie 7
21-02-2013, 03:24 PM
So far just about everyone is against the ratio changes. All childminders and support groups are against agencies. So who did she ask? How do we find out who she has asked for advice? Who did the research? I wish I knew who to ask as clearly ET can only phone home.

Bananabrain
21-02-2013, 03:35 PM
That question was asked on Mumsnet livechat thingy. I'm sure she said that the list of who had been asked would be published.
Clearly, she meant it would be published in a remote village in Indonesia:laughing:

jillplum
21-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Huh I would like to know who she spoke to! Not me or anyone I know obviously.

bunyip
21-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Huh I would like to know who she spoke to! Not me or anyone I know obviously.

Clearly you don't hang around the bar in Truss's local Conservative club. :D

I assume the Indonesians do, whilst waiting for an appointment with their UK arms dealers. :(

SammySplodger
21-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Bananabrain - yes she said the list of the 'lots and lots' of people who were consulted would be posted up on Mumsnet... It hasn't! I can only assume she did not have a list and had been trying to create one in the meantime...

mama2three
21-02-2013, 05:48 PM
on current form , she invited people who agreed with her to a meeting and asked them their views!

bunyip
21-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Bananabrain - yes she said the list of the 'lots and lots' of people who were consulted would be posted up on Mumsnet... It hasn't! I can only assume she did not have a list and had been trying to create one in the meantime...

Totalling ignoring those people's views is one thing - forgetting where she put the list of their names is another. :rolleyes:

sarah707
21-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Here's the answer to your question :laughing:

It is taken from the forum analysis of her plan - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc - page 2 :D

The ‘More Great Childcare Plan’ may have been consulted with a few stakeholders, quote ‘I've held a series of meetings with nursery providers, interested organisations like the Daycare Trust, NCMA, My Family Care and nanny agencies’ (Mumsnet webchat, 7.2.2013). However, Daycare Trust has reported grave concerns about the plans (21.5.2012); NCMA quickly released a statement reassuring their members that neither they nor the ‘overwhelming majority’ of their members support the plans (7.2.2013); My Family Care reported that, ‘This Truss woman has a load of very strange ideas that she's cobbled together from around the world’ (19.9.2012) and childminders are confused about the relevance of consulting unregulated nanny agencies about early years ratios and childminder agencies.

loocyloo
21-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Here's the answer to your question :laughing:

It is taken from the forum analysis of her plan - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc - page 2 :D

The ‘More Great Childcare Plan’ may have been consulted with a few stakeholders, quote ‘I've held a series of meetings with nursery providers, interested organisations like the Daycare Trust, NCMA, My Family Care and nanny agencies’ (Mumsnet webchat, 7.2.2013). However, Daycare Trust has reported grave concerns about the plans (21.5.2012); NCMA quickly released a statement reassuring their members that neither they nor the ‘overwhelming majority’ of their members support the plans (7.2.2013); My Family Care reported that, ‘This Truss woman has a load of very strange ideas that she's cobbled together from around the world’ (19.9.2012) and childminders are confused about the relevance of consulting unregulated nanny agencies about early years ratios and childminder agencies.

yes! she may have consulted with lots of people - it doesn't mean she took any notice of anything they said!

SYLVIA
21-02-2013, 07:43 PM
She clearly hasn't asked anybody who knows anything about childminding, because we are all on here and someone would have posted exactly what they told her!