PDA

View Full Version : Trofast storage and accesible resources

Memina
21-02-2013, 12:30 PM
So I need some help to manage my little tippers who just want all the toys out and on the floor and dont actually play with them!

I have lovely Trofast units where the children can pick out what they want. This works well for older ones as they labled and they can put toys away as they go.

However for my littlies, they just tip and tip and tip. One little madam has even taken to pulling over a chair to be higher to reach the boxes up high!

How can o encourage to use what's out or tidy as they go?

jillplum
21-02-2013, 12:53 PM
I wont let them get more out till they have tidied up. It takes a while but they do eventually understand.

Louise_Oaktree
11-03-2013, 06:27 PM
I find it is an age/stage of development thing, they do learn eventually from watching the others do it ;)

I'm struggling with a 15 month old ruining everyone else's games! Jigsaws demolished, train track, demolished, little people demolished etc etc ;)

blue bear
11-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Could you curtain off the unit or put a blanket over to stop them seeing the opportunity if you see what I mean.
Think the key is to be involved in the play and be ready to distract and wait for the phase to pass.

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 08:23 PM
My old nursery emptied the boxes and put all the toys in a cupboard one day...that threw the children! They were allowed to chose two toys each and had to put them away in the previously empty boxes before choosing the next two! Worked well, my little one was super tidy at home too ... for a while!!!

safcfluff
14-03-2013, 08:40 PM
What I do is throw a blanket over some of the resources so they are temporarily hidden from view. I encourage the little ones to tidy up the toys they've got out as I reveal the 'hidden' toys. They don't half tidy up quick then. Lol.

Boris
19-03-2013, 04:56 PM
I have the trofast storage and I have made a curtain to cover the front. It works well. Older ones who can tidy up as they go know they can move the curtain to access the toys. Littlies that can't don't seem to have worked out that out of sight doesn't mean they cease to exist! Lol!