PDA

View Full Version : do these fees sound ok?

devoncm
27-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I had a phonecall today asking for care of two children,aged 2 and 4 for just one day, 10am til midnight, I can look after them at there grandmothers as they live out of area,he wanted an idea of prices so i said 10-6 is my usual rate of £3.50 then 6-8 £4.50 and 8-12 £6 an hour, does this seem fair to you?

Also should i use a temp contract just for one day when its not at my house?

Pauline
27-06-2008, 04:09 PM
You don't have to do a contract but I think it would be a good idea to ensure that you are all agreed on prices etc.

If it were me I would be a bit worried about insurance though, I don't think (I could be wrong though) that you won't be covered in the grandmother's home, what happens if something happens not just to the children, but breakages and spills while you are there? Perhaps write into the contract that you accept no liability for any occurances whilst in the home.

Just a thought. :)

angeldelight
27-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Even for a day that is very long hours

Cant you mind them in your home ? I agree with Pauline with regards to insurance - I would want myself covered too

Angel xx

angeldelight
27-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Thinking about this now my friends daughter did some baby sitting last weekend she had to have the children for the whole day till late at night - because parents went for anniversary day out to London

Amazing really that you are allowed to do it if you are baby sitting but not if you are minding - you know you dont even have to think of insurance or contracts etc

Maybe it would better if you said you were baby sitting haha haha

Angel xx

devoncm
27-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks, i will probably say that i will take them out for the day as i would have my own children aswell so maybe bring them to my house or go to the beach if nice and take them back in the evening
They are ringing back early next week to confirm place and prices so i have time to think about it
thanks for replies

Blaze
27-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I know that NCMA insurance extends to babysitting (ie not your home) if you use the NCMA babysitting checklist...:)

buildingblocks
04-07-2008, 07:51 PM
You don't have If it were me I would be a bit worried about insurance though, I don't think (I could be wrong though) that you won't be covered in the grandmother's home, what happens if something happens not just to the children, but breakages and spills while you are there? Just a thought. :)

You are right Pauline your insurance doesn't cover you for babysitting (I do this with one of my families when parents are at work until 10pm I take htem home and babysit. As an NCMA member though I can no wuse their babysitting checklist and this will cover me insurance wise - mind you expensive for what they are and mum not happy about more paperwork as have to do a separate one each time

Mollymop
04-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I just wanted to say that I would charge the same as you. Good luck x

Little Pumpkins
14-07-2008, 12:30 PM
sounds fair to me

disney
14-07-2008, 04:17 PM
sounds ok to me ,um yer think i would prefer to use some one elses house would keep my wear and tear down a bit :idea: x