PDA

View Full Version : when to contact ofsted?

benandjerrys
20-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi all, I have started the first week of CYPOP 5 and also completed the first aid and food safety course. What im wondering about is how soon can i contact ofsted?

sarah707
21-02-2013, 08:13 AM
It is a requirement that you finish your course before contacting Ofsted.

Don't forget to let us know how you are getting on! :D

CLL
21-02-2013, 08:19 AM
I applied online to Ofsted 2 weeks after starting my three month course. This is allowed as there is a section which asks when your course will end, and you just put in the date. This saved me 2 months of waiting as the checks take quite a long time. After all my checks were complete Ofsted called me to check I had completed my course and first aid and that I had proof ready at inspection.

benandjerrys
23-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I think this is what I will do. I will ring them this week to save any lost time. Will update with their response.

chriss
23-02-2013, 12:59 PM
what is the cypop5 ?? Im registered but didnt have to do this , and what does it stand for pleasse

shortstuff
23-02-2013, 01:07 PM
CYPOP5 is the qualification i completed to become registered last year :-)

benandjerrys
25-02-2013, 09:49 PM
This evening I asked my tutor if I was able to proceed with ofsted before CYPOP 5 is finished and her answer was no. On my course ther is a lady who is registering and who worked for ofsted up until last year and she said the same also. I will ring ofsted tomorrow to hear it from the horses mouth but am a bit disappointed. I feel like iv got a very long way to go.

MessybutHappy
25-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Stick at it, it does take a while but is sooooo with it! I registered under the old EYFS so can't advise, but lots of luck to you.

sing-low
27-02-2013, 07:47 PM
I finished CYPOP5 last December (2012) and there were other people on the course who applied to Ofsted before they'd finished it but this wasn't something that the course tutors told the rest of us until towards the end of the course. I was told I could apply when I felt I was ready for an inspection. Ofsted might have changed the rules now as the compulsory course is a new requirement.

Even if you can't register now, you can do lots towards it. Keep up with the 'homework' for the course. Go on the Ofsted website and look at the application forms so you know what info you need to provide. Line up references. Make sure your house and garden are safe and get to know the EYFS. Get as much paperwork prepared as possible. These were all things that have slowed down my application process.

Good luck!

benandjerrys
04-03-2013, 10:47 AM
I contacted ofsted via email and their response was " yes you can as long as you have all certs available for pre reg inspection" and to be "mindful of timings" Im going to give it another week and then start the application.