PDA

View Full Version : Emailing policies

sam88
18-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi all,
Im a new childminder and need some help. A parent has asked me to email my policies and procedures but im not sure how to, can i just send it as a normal email? Also do i need a specific computer programme if i have any child information on my computer?
Proberbly sound abit silly but my computer skills are quite basic :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

hectors house
18-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I sent mine as e-mail attachments - so write out the e-mail to parent - "here are policies as requested" or whatever you wanted to say - then click on the attachment paperclip symbol underneath the address bar - search for the folder, file you saved your policies in and click on the name of the file and it should show as an attachment on the e-mail.

You don't need a special programme for your computer, but if you have personal information about your mindees (observations, photographs or parents names and addresses - stored on any digital device - camera, phone or computer) you need to register with the ICO which costs £35 a year.

I hope this is what you wanted to know and not too basic?

bunyip
18-02-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm guessing your policies are written in Word files, yes?

You should be able to attach a Word file to an email. This is done using the paperclip icon near the top of the screen (with something like "attach file" written next to it maybe) when writing an email. This should open a dialogue box which allows you to browse your folders, select the correct file and attach it to the email. When you send the email with one or more attached files, it may take longer than usual to send. this si normal, cos you're sending much more information than a plain email. Just let it do what it needs to.

Also do i need a specific computer programme if i have any child information on my computer?
What sort of thing are you thinking here?

You should make sure noone else can access the confidential files on your computer. This can be as simple as having a seperate log-in to other family members. Don't share your log-in password. Don't leave it unattended.

Laptops are less secure than pc's and Bluetooth devices or anything 'wireless' are even less secure.

Make sure you register with the ICO if you are using digital data in any way.

sam88
18-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Thank you very much, all very helpful! :)
I will try emailing the policies, sounds easier than i thought it was gunna be.
And i think i will register with the IOC just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again- dont know what id do without this website :)