PDA

View Full Version : ofsted removing conditions of registration

jennyandchris
18-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi,
Me and my Mom co- mind together in her house. Last week we had a letter from OfSTED saying they are going to be removing the following conditions from our registration:

"When working with another childminder, may care for a total of no more than 6 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 6 may be in the early years age group and of these, not more than 2 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsary part of the Childcare Register)"

If they are removing this condition, how many children are we allowed to care for and where can I find this information? With our OfSTED inspection due any time now, I really need to make sure we are ok!

Thanks for any help!

phoenix2010
18-02-2013, 11:34 AM
It will say on your certificate that you will abide by the conditions of your registration as according to the rquirements of the early years register , go to the ofsted website for the requirements

phoenix2010
18-02-2013, 11:36 AM
the number of children will not have changed at this time , but as we know changes are coming so keep up to date with the latest ratios

jennyandchris
18-02-2013, 11:47 AM
sorry to be thick ...
It says that it is removing this condition though. I have looked on OfSTED's website and can not find anything about how many children you can look after in accordance with the Early Years Register. Does anyone know?

Thanks

dette
18-02-2013, 12:42 PM
WE can usually have 6 under 8 each but ..
your cert said 6 under 8 between you,so either you are restricted by space ,which still applys or you have other children that are under 8
out of these ...3 can be in the early years(under school age) and out of these early years children 1 can be under 12months(in your case that is each)
so exactly what you previously had on your cert
any children of your own are to be included in this amount,previously OFSTED reduced your number of available spaces by the amount of kids you had yourself but the new EYFS states this so we count them into the total

shortstuff
18-02-2013, 02:49 PM
I think it just means it is removing the wording from your certificate, not the actual conditions. Maybe im wrong but thats how ive taken it hth

Mouse
18-02-2013, 03:00 PM
This is the ofsted factsheet about the numbers & ages of children you can look after:

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - The numbers and ages of children that providers on the Early Years and Childcare Registers may care for (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-numbers-and-ages-of-children-providers-early-years-and-childcare-registers-may-c)

It tells you which paragraphs of the EYFS you need to look at.

The numbers you can look after are likely to be the same as now, but it just won't say that on your certificate any more. The conditions come from the numbers set out in the EYFS framework and still apply, even if it's not spelt out in the certificate.

hectors house
18-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Think the new certificates are more or less a standard document and doesn't take into account your personal circumstances so Ofsted don't have to keep issuing new updated certificates - it is up to us to know how many children we can look after according to how many children under 5 or 8 of our own we have, or according to floor space, refer to Statutory Guidance page 24 for floor space requirements - which probably won't apply if Ms Truss gets her own way!

phoenix2010
18-02-2013, 05:00 PM
just because they are removing the condition from the certificate
doesnt mean they are removing the condition from you
does that make sense

they just arent listeing all conditions on certificates anymore

you simply carry on with the numbers you had before until the ratios change , then adjust your numbers accordingly

so at the moment you can still have what you had before

but when the ratios change , this may affect you , so be aware of when the changes for all childminders come in then check them , if in doubt ring ofsted

ive had all conditions removed also , but i still have to abide by ofsted ratios , which have not changed YET

ive also had my overnight permission removed , because all minders can offer this now

ive also had "may not use main bedroom , may not use raised area of garden "

but i will use my own judgement on those issues