PDA

View Full Version : Feel like im making hard work of all my paperwork, learning journals and planning

Npg1
18-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi.

Well at the moment its fine and I have time to do it but in april I have a new baby starting (6mth od and a 17mth old together, 3 days a week.)

Im having a slight panic because with my current mindee I have made sure everything is perfect! I have a huge scrap book which I covered in pretty paper with a picture of her on front. I used to use an app and would print off all those pictures and obs but then I stopped as started printing pictures from tesco.

In this book I write obs and activities we have done each day, I then link everything to the outcomes. I am wondering how I can make this easier when I have another baby start?

I also have another planning folder going on which is my SEF too. I have only just started doing this because I cant stand the online ofsted one. In this I have put my RAG, I then plan each months activities and on another sheet wrte an evaluation for that month what went down well and what didnt work.

Am I just creating too much work for myself?

moggy
18-02-2013, 10:31 AM
You can simplify the LJ by only making putting in obs of big moments- the 'firsts', the 'wow' moments, the really good stuff. That might be once a week or once a fortnight with a 3-day-a-week child. Just note the initials of what area (PD, PSED etc) it covers, and a short 'next step' if relevant, and you are done.

The daily 'what we did' you do not actually need to record at all unless you have your own reason to- some notes may be useful to remind yourself what went well and what did not but that can be done in you own diary- although you say you have a folder for that so if that works for you that is fine. For the parents I note in the daily diary that stays with the child 'Today we went to xxx, J enjoyed xxx, had xxx for lunch, nap xxx, dirty nappy xxx' etc. Takes only a few minutes throughout the day.

I find I am constantly simplifying compared to what I did for my first mindee! They do not have nice custom-made photo covers on their daily diaries any more- I just write their name!