PDA

View Full Version : Participation Statement ?

fionamal
27-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Can anyone help me with this one.

Been asked by the Care Comission to show all parents a Participation Statement in my handbook.

I havent a clue where to start with this so any help at all would be gratefully accepted.

sarah707
27-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I use this for my parent / childminder diary ... can you adapt it maybe? :D

The family / childminder liaison book...

... is for all the people involved in a child’s care, to share information about the child.

I will use it to tell you important information and highlights of your child’s day – you can use it to give me details of eg toys they are enjoying playing with at home, new things they have said and done, things you want me to do, permission for medicine... etc.

Ofsted are very heavily pushing ‘partnership’ of care in the new Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) literature. This means all people who are caring for a child must communicate with each other for good practice. I have no idea how this will work with nurseries, playgroups and schools, but will keep you informed. As far as I am concerned, my interpretation is that I must formalise the way I give you information about your child’s day and encourage your feedback.

The EYFS is an exciting step forward for children’s care and brings all child carers together, working from the same set of guidelines. I have more information about the EYFS which you are welcome to read and I will be implementing the new guidelines and updating you via my newsletters as I learn more about them.

If you have any questions, please ask!

fionamal
27-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks Sarah,

the more I was trying to type up something the worse my headache was getting.

I shall adapt your one. Thank you so much for the help

Twinkles
27-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm going to use this as a starting point too sarah ( if I may ? )

Actually could you come and live with me just to do all my paperwork :D

manjay
27-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm going to use this as a starting point too sarah ( if I may ? )

Actually could you come and live with me just to do all my paperwork :D

I will fight you for her :laughing:

sarah707
27-06-2008, 12:42 PM
:eek: My children might miss me! :laughing:

Though on second thoughts ... :D

wendywu
27-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes live with Twinkles and pop down the road and do mine as well PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE:laughing:

jaz
27-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry but she is coming to my house, we have a spare room, its own en suite (no kids allowed) and you can choose whatever decorations, accessories etc you like :D

J

xx

Twinkles
27-06-2008, 02:21 PM
I asked first :rolleyes:
I have a spare room , well if we move the travel cot, two spare wardrobes and accumulated junk :D
Her kids can come and visit ( if she wants them to :p ) and she can have all the ice cream she can eat ( as long as it's tesco's value :D ) sounding tempting yet Sarah ?

wendywu
27-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Twinkles you have not told her about the male 25 year old blonde, body building, swedish au pair she will have to share with.:laughing:

Alibali
27-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't have this specifically, but I have a working in partnership with parents policy which I assume covers the same thing. If you want a copy pm me with your e-mail address.

JO S
28-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks Sarah, I'd like to use this too if I may. It's just what I need as I've just re-done the diaries the kids take home.

Thanks again,

Jo. x

breezy
28-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Cant we just have Sarah on a time share basis? I want to book Sept 2008 for EYFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mollymop
28-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Sarah I want u to live with me. I have no room, but we have a triple garage that we can convert in to your house if you want??? I won't except rent, just knowledge haha

Great idea anyway, I give a diary to parents each week so I think I will TRY and implement soemthing like this into them.

Only prob is none of the parents seem to write any comments (only now and again) in the diary, so I can't see them writing important info like what their children have been doing at home and their new interests, etc, even though I wish they would!:rolleyes: