PDA

View Full Version : new policy

ivy
17-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi can anyone help me on here . I am currently in the process of doing up new policies etc .
What would you place in an Admissions policy , thank you .:clapping:

shortstuff
18-02-2013, 06:45 AM
I would make sure you cover off not discriminating and such like? I might be very wrong though. Ive just checked and i dont have one, aaagghhhhh panic

FussyElmo
18-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Dont have one - what were you thinking of putting in it?

Koala
18-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi

I looked on line at my local authority admissions policy, have a look at you local school policy adapt it to your setting. It's a good idea to take on board their policy as it tends to cover all the bureaucratic and politically correct issues at this time and this will keep ofsted happy.

HOWEVER, realistically and practically I keep it simple - first come, first served.

sarah707
18-02-2013, 07:53 AM
It is not a requirement to have an admissions policy - although some people do write them.

I personally don't - my policy is stated in a line or 2 in my equality of opportunity policy (which is a requirement!).

You might find this thread useful -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/eyfs-general/28800-ideas-your-policies-procedures-updated-01-2013-a.html

:D

shortstuff
18-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks Sarah, had me wondering for a bit :-)

ivy
21-02-2013, 08:34 PM
many thanks all , got a few ideas knocking around in the old grey cells .
That i'm on here do you all give out paper versions of policies and procedures to parents o do u give them cd's .

Koala
02-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I give a set of paper ones, not ecologically friendly, but at least I know they have had them and there is no excuses, I also have a cover page listing all the policies asking parents to sign to say :- they have read and agree to them and this is to be returned to me for my records to wave at them when they digress.

Or local authority require you to have an admissions policy if you provide FEE.

jo.jo76
02-03-2013, 10:54 PM
I always email my parents my policies. They are all in one word document which I then save as a PDF so it cannot be changed and email it out.
All my parents are happy with this rather than lots of paperwork, but can request a paper set if they wish.

thills
02-03-2013, 10:58 PM
I do the same as Jo Jo. Mine are also in PDF format on website so parents always have access to most up to date ones

shortstuff
03-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Also i use a web based program for the parents to view daily diaries and all things relating to their lo. It is set that it wont let them view anything until they have signed all of my policies and permissions. This happens again if i update any too.