PDA

View Full Version : parent welcome booklets

amy83
16-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi I would be so grateful for some advice. I am justifying to get all my paper work sorted and was just wondering what things I need to include In my parent welcome pack please x

rickysmiths
16-02-2013, 11:35 PM
I have:

A bit about me and what I do
Photos of my home and garden
Quality Assurance Cert
Ofsted Report
First Aid Cert
Level 3 Diploma Cert
Public Lib Insurance
Employer's Insurance Cert
Blank Contract
Blank Permissions Form
Blank Parental Responsibility Form
Blank All About Me Form
Blank Child Info Form
Copy of all my Policies and Emergency procedure
Copy of Complaints Procedure

sarah707
17-02-2013, 07:09 AM
There is some information about working with parents in free resources -

Documents for working with parents (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/documentsforwork.html)

Ricky's list will be helpful for your welcome booklet as well! :D

Rosy Days
17-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Hello, I have a brief welcome booklet that I hand to parents when the come to see me, it just basically outlines how I run my business and it covers anything that I might forget to tell them! When they show an interest and want to sign contracts I then send them all my policies, usually by email. In my welcome booklet that I give to parents on their initial visits, it covers:

ABOUT ME
WHY USE A CHILDMINDER?
WHAT I CAN OFFER
SETTLING IN
WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH YOU
EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE (EYFS)
EYFS 2 YEAR PROGRESS CHECK
ROUTINE
PLAY AND ACTIVITIES
MEAL TIMES
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (I just list my policies in this booklet)
QUALIFICATIONS & COURSES

Its about 8 pages long.

I also show them my folders with my certificates in and other important stuff. I am putting together (when I get a minute!) a photo album of the children doing activites (with permission of course!) to show parents what we do, think this is a good idea as it shows parents all the things we do and the children having a good time.

I also show them thank you cards etc that I have received from parents over the years.

:) x

chriss
17-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Is the welcome bookelet for them to keep ? Or to browse through while they are with you ? Love the idea about a photo album by the way :)

amy83
17-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks for all your advice, I was thinking of sending my booklet with parents is that water you do or just let them look through an give you it back x

Rosy Days
18-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Hello, I just give parents the welcome pack to take with them and read at their leisure, its only 8 pages long and hasn't got all my policies and procedures in just brief info as to how I run my business (always find I forget to mention things at the initial meeting!).

All certificates and other important documents, I give them to just look through whilst here.

:)

sophieg
19-02-2013, 06:50 AM
I have a parent pack too. I also have a scrap book called 'a day in the life of...' Which has photos of things that we've done like fire station trip, outings to the zoo etc. all wiv permission of parents. Becos I figure its all very well saying we do this that and another but this way the prospective parents can see us in action. It's gone down very well with the parents and Ofsted. Once the parents agree that they want to use me I email the p&p but I have and actual form for them to sign to say they've read them. Saves on printing them all out!! Hope that helps xxx

Gemma Smithson
19-02-2013, 07:53 AM
I have a welcome pack which is much the same as those mentioned but I don't give it out until they have decided to sign! When parents visits I have a leaflet for them with fees, activities, info about setting in etc and also a picture leaflet for the children with a snap shots of my family and photos of lo in garden, on trips, doing crafts etc (with permission). I also have a digital photo frame as you come in for benefit of all parents and most photos I take go in it. I used a system called ******** so p&p on there and parents sign digitally and on one of my firms to say they have read them! Hope that makes sense! We also have a display board to put work on so some worksheets/ crafts go on their till end of month so everyone can see then they are sent home with lo, I keep a few for learning journeys!