PDA

View Full Version : Nose red raw from blowing/wiping

Maza
15-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi all,

DD, 4, has a terrible cold and her poor little nose is red raw from being wiped all the time. Any ideas on how I can relieve it a little for her? x

RuthJ
15-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Poor little thing :( I have sensitive skin and always get a really sore nose if IO have a cold. Try vaseline or sudocrem after wiping, and put some on before bed too.

Hope she gets well soon x

Maza
15-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks Ruth. That's what I thought, just felt the need to check! x

RainbowMum
15-02-2013, 07:52 PM
I also recommend vaseline but I swear by Kleenex balsam tissues to keep the sore nose at bay! I and my children have always suffered the sore nose with a cold but when we use these tissues it is much much better! Not the supermarket ones but kleenex - worth every penny!

loocyloo
15-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Sounds gross but I have some snugly fleece fabric I cut into squares & use when noses are very sore (plus vaseline on noses)

Each square is put in bucket to soak & then washed on hot wash.

sarah707
15-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Vaseline is good - try to avoid using things like Vicks as they will make it sting.

I hope lo feels better soon x

hectors house
15-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I have a lovely Aloe Vera Bee popolis cream made by Forever Products, it is like a barrier cream and is great on sore noses, chapped lips and am currently using on a mindee who has a blocked tear duct - where his eye runs so much he has a sore spot on top of his cheek from where it is always wet.

shortstuff
15-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I get my lo to use wet wipes to blow his nose from the start of a cold, it takes longer before it gets sore. Normally the cold doesnt last long enough for it to be sore at all. Hth

The Juggler
17-02-2013, 02:22 PM
vaseline is good and for my ds (13) i put metanium on it at nighttime to heal it up :laughing::laughing: he was mortified I had put bottom cream on him -I had to explain that the tube hadn't actually been on anyone's bottom :panic: