PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork advice

jaz
27-06-2008, 08:30 AM
I have just made a visitors book and a compliments and complaints book, can you think of anything else that would make ofsteds heart fill with joy.

J
x

ps got policies, just thinking of other stuff to try to be outstanding

pps sorry if this is elsewhere on site

Pauline
27-06-2008, 10:32 AM
How about:

a Risk assessment folder with daily, weekly, monthly,yearly etc. list of what needs to be done when.

Fire Drill record.

Wish list (shows future planning etc)

sarah707
27-06-2008, 10:44 AM
When you go on courses it is good practice to evaluate what you have learned - you can put a piece of paper in your file behind your course certificate simply saying what you think was useful and how you have changed your practice as a result. :D

jaz
27-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Thank you both for your replies

Got a fire book - somewhere must remeber to do drills :blush:

Like the idea about ealuating what you have learnt form the course

Am in process of risk assessment file as well, do you think I need a seperate one for risk assessments for outings?

Also was going to put together a portfolio with a copy of my certificate, copy of policies - what else should i put in there, is it a good idea to put risk assessments in as well?

j
xx

Lou
27-06-2008, 07:26 PM
what about a SWOT analysis aswell to show you are a reflective practitioner??

JO S
30-06-2008, 04:16 PM
sorry for being dim, just having a quick read.
what 's a swot analysis?

jo. x

jaz
30-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I was going to ask that as well whats a 'swat' analysis?

hello kitty
30-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. :D

JO S
01-07-2008, 09:44 AM
thanks, now I know!

jo. x

jaz
08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. :D

Ok I maybe being completely ddense, but I still dont quite understand, can you give me a few examples please.

J
x

JazzyL
11-07-2008, 11:11 AM
sorry for jumping on this thread but here goes -
you could identify a strength (of yours) as being positive in situations, a weakness might be that you aren't always as organised as you'd like to be, opportunities might be meeting other childminders/toy library etc or going on a course, threat could be X number of new childminders setting up in the area (which might affect your business)
These could be endless but they should be relevant to you and your setting, it is good to identify your own weaknesses so that you are able to act on them IYSWIM?
Hope I have helped a bit and not confused you even more?

jaz
17-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Hope I have helped a bit and not confused you even more?

A little bit of both to be honest :D

J
x