PDA

View Full Version : Child illness and off for several weeks

sophie1977
13-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi, i'm not sure if i'm post in the right place or not, but i needed some advice please.
i have a child with me since July last year, everything has been fine and going smoothly, until beginning of this year where they struggled to pay me, and thought that that i'd forgotten, because when i asked them for the fortnight's fee, which was late by 1 week, they asked me what for?????

She gave me 1 week and told me there had been some fraud issue with her bank and they had to cancel her card and she would give me the rest the following week when the new one was issued????

The child has now been off for 2 weeks due to being ill, which i doubt very much, and they haven't paid me for 3 weeks altogether now.

I'm not sure what to do as they say he is ill and needed to go to hospital yesterday, but they also told me that last week?? i don't know if they are playing some kind of game with me or it's genuine and if not where do i stand and what shall i do as they have also moved home over the Christmas break and haven't given me their new address.

I want to ask for the money, but they might think that i don't care for the child and only thinking about the money:panic::panic:

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

sarah707
13-02-2013, 06:24 PM
You have to ask for your money - but you must have the child's address first (it's a safeguarding issue - stated in the EYFS that this information must be on the child's documentation).

So first say - I must have your address for safeguarding please.

If they don't give it you then you need to be proactive - Do you intend to bring your child back into my care? Yes or no.

You can't chase money without an address - texts are really bad practice when money is involved - so I'd suggest you push for that one first.

If we can help just ask x

Belly2009
13-02-2013, 07:58 PM
It is possible to chase for debts under last known address but id try and get the address first and find out if they are coming back.