PDA

View Full Version : Collection and drop off charge

sineadquinn
13-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi

I have a potential parent contacting me back who will require there children to be collected and dropped off. Not sure weather to charge extra for this. It is completely out of my way. If you do charge who would you work it out? Thanks s x

bunyip
13-02-2013, 12:14 PM
First of all, make sure what you charge is for your time. Do not make any suggestion that you are charging for the driving (I'm assuming you're driving rather than walking - correct?) Otherwise, an LA may define the service you're providing as a taxi service and require you to qualify, register, licence, insure, etc. as if you were mini-cabbing. :( You can work any petrol costs into the overall fee/hourly rate: don't itemised them seperately on any invoices.

They may also do this if you are only having the child to and from school and home. So you need to have the child at your home setting for at least part of the time. It's not clear from your OP whether this is the case.

sineadquinn
13-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your response didnt even know about that. It's for two children, I will pick up both drop one to school and the other will come back with me for the full day. I will only need to drop them home 1 week out of 4 when the husband is on late shift. Thanks again for your help.