PDA

View Full Version : briefing session

johnnydepp1
27-06-2008, 12:58 AM
i wonder if you can help me

i emailed the local childminding service to see when their next briefing session is and she emailed me back and said can i have your mailing adress so i can send you the leaflets and information

does that mean that everything will be sent to me via post, so i dont have to go to any meeting or anything

i dont know what it means

Pedagog
27-06-2008, 01:02 AM
If its like my local office they will send you leaflets, that are fairly pointless as they have hardly any information in, they will then ask you to phone/email/return slip to book a place on the pre-reg meeting.

caza
27-06-2008, 08:24 AM
They sent me details of all the briefing sessions in my area over the next couple of months so I could then pick one which was most convenient for me and book myself onto it. Hope you get one sorted ;)

johnnydepp1
27-06-2008, 01:30 PM
thanks for your replies

what actually happens at the briefing session, do they give you all the information there and then, should i take my portfolio, should i take anything

caralynd
29-06-2008, 07:06 AM
My briefing session just really explained childminding and we got the standards book. They also explained the start up grant and gave us a chance to ask questions. We then had to attend a safety briefing and at the end of that got the forms for ofsted. Hope this helps:)

Pedagog
29-06-2008, 08:23 AM
What find frustrating is, I have the standards book, I have filled so many CRB forms In I have lost count, I have read the pre reg meeting notes and power point, yet I still have to give up a whole day for the meeting and all because they wont book me on the ICP course or give me the ofsted forms unless I attend.

Sorry that's my rant over with.

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 10:21 AM
My briefing session was about 2 hours long where tutors from NCMA explained what it is like to be a childminder and then they give you forms to fill in if you still wanna be a childminder so you can do your ICP course which usually starts a few weeks after your briefing session.

Some people get their ofsted application forms at the briefing session and some don't, like me, i had to wait until i had done my ICP until they gave us the application forms to apply for registration with ofsted.