PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg on friday - A few questions!

chockywockydoda
13-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Hello, I finally have my pre-reg arranged and cant believe I am about to jump the last hurdle! I still have a bit more childproofing to do and need to have a good clean top to bottom!

My paper work is all in place, I have:
Policies and procedures
Risk assessment
Welcome pack
A mock up learning journey
Planning diary
Toys storage which has been labelled

I am just going over my 'preparing for your registration visit' booklet and have a few questions

10) what sources of help might you find for children who were not developing in line with expectations?

I work in a nursery at the mo and would suggest doctors appointment for concerns over hearing, make a referral for services such as speech and language therapy or request a visit from the area SENCO if we had concerns about any other aspect of development or wanted a second opinion. Obviously this is all done with parents permission and involvement. Is this the same in childminding or is there a different procedure?

18) (Space requirements) How will you take into account the needs of children with special needs, such as a physical disability?

I only have a upstairs toilet so I am not sure if it would be practical to mind a child who was in a wheelchair for example, but would I be able to refuse care for a child in a wheelchair or would this be seen as discrimination? I am not sure what else to include in my answer for this question!

Would be very grateful for any help :cool:

Thank you

lubeam
13-02-2013, 10:13 AM
It's says in EYFS that you have to make reasonable adjustments to your home building an extension for a downstairs loo isn't reasonable , so you would offer to find care as you are unable to provide appropriate care for the child, bear in mind disabled doesn't have to be wheel chair , think deaf , blind etc :) HTH?!

chockywockydoda
13-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Thank you :) Thats really helpful!
:thumbsup:

lubeam
13-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Good luck :) sent all my stuff off just waiting now !! :)