PDA

View Full Version : Sharing info with a Nursery ??

Stace
13-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Sorry I'm sure I've seen this before but can't find it - think my brain is still asleep :laughing:

One of my mindees has started nursery now so I only have them one day a week. I understand I should be sharing info with the nursery - but how much? Do I just send them a form once in a while asking about any developments?? Or would I have to give them the learning journal?? :panic: Do I tell them about any developments they have here or see if they ask?? All my parents sign at the start re sharing info with other professionals - is that enough?

As you can tell I have no idea - not had this one before!!

Any help would be great. :blush:

many thanks

Stace
xxx

Stace
15-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi sorry me again

With the sharing of info if I sent them a form every couple of months or so with some general info on any achievements and brief outline of certain activities would this be suitable do you think?

Maybe something for them to complete?

I'll ask them if they have a system for it but just wanted a rough idea of what other people done first.

Many thanks
xxx

blue bear
15-02-2013, 06:19 PM
You have to work out what would suit the pre school to be honest, some are good and open to sharing with others it's like pulling teeth.
With nursery I send a form ask specific questions like what interest lo at the moment. What have you planned for next term.
Pre school 1 we meet up once a turn, share each others lj's and compare child's interests and achievements, take copies of anything relevant from the others lj.

Pre school 2 we give each other copies of wow observations, share child's interests verbally on drop off and collections

Rick
15-02-2013, 06:26 PM
This is a very current topic for me at the moment. I went to see one of my mindee's nursery today for a quick meeting. Here they showed me her file, which had planning, artwork, photos etc in it. We had a chat about what her current interests are at nursery and with me and we identified areas where we would work together to help her. I showed her my learning journal as well.

I came up with a simple sheet which I am going to fill in, give to mum to give to nursery then vice versa. We might do this every 2 to 4 weeks, depending on whether there is anything to report.

You don't necessarily need to visit the nursery, you could find out from parents who the key worker is then contact them with parents' permission, but I think if you can get a meeting with them it would be beneficial, you can thrash out how you are going to communicate face to face.

I have attached the sheet if this helps. :thumbsup:

funemnx
15-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I take my lo's LJ into playgroup after I've done a summative report (once a term) it has a termly individual planning in it too. In return I collect playgroups LJ with the planning in it. We each make written comments and then swap back. It seems to work well, the keyworker is very good at sharing information and we often chat on drop off and pick up about what lo has been up to :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I share obs with nursery and ask parents for feedback if they don't share with me... I look at wall displays and make notes... I ask the child what s/he's done there...

I use every bit of information I can find to make it work :D

Stace
15-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Hello

Thank you all sooo much for all the information - it is really helpfull. Good to hear what sort of ideas other people have, didn't want to go in not having any idea of what normally happens.

many thanks
S
xxx

helengreen13
16-02-2013, 08:06 AM
We have a daily diary that nursery fills in on a mon and Tuesday, we fill in on a Thursday and Friday and mum fills in on a wednesday so everyone know what lo has been doing, how he has been feeling etc.