PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

shortstuff
12-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi, I really need advice please, if you would be so kind.

I am looking at an extra pair of hands as the demand for under 5's is massive in this area. My question is how would you go about it? I have friends that are level three qualified and have said if I need an assistant let them know. I have also been approached by another friend who's son would be willing to volunteer to get work experience for his cv.

Would you choose either of these options?

How would I sort out pay for the level three individual?

Or would you look at the option of an apprentice?

I don't plan on having more than 6 but would like the flexibility of more under 5's

leeanne910
12-02-2013, 11:30 PM
In exactly the same boat! :)

shortstuff
13-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Does anyone have any advice please?

vikiwizz
13-02-2013, 05:18 PM
I think the general advice is that they registrar as self employed and deal with there own taxes etc.

I think when working with a friend you have to be very carful as the work relationship is very different. Personally I would always go with the person I didn't know as a friend before

shortstuff
13-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks Vikiwizz :-)

leeanne910
14-02-2013, 07:26 AM
I read somewhere that they cant be self employed as they are workin for us and we basically tell them wat to do as an employer. Dont know if thats the case or where i read it?

If u do employ if they are under the tax threshold u dont need to do paye n sort their tax and ni or pay employer ni

leeanne910
14-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Also i think u need more policies for the person workin with u?