PDA

View Full Version : FIS SURVEY ON AGENCIES PLEASE RESPOND EN MASSE !

Kiddleywinks
11-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Received this tonight in my email
I responded on the who should pay for this question by not ticking either of the boxes ad in the comment box putting:
I don't agree that the agency model should go ahead, as a childminder I would not pay someone else to do a job I'm perfectly able and capable of doing myself, and as a parent I would not be happy about lining a third person's pockets

Dear Colleagues,

Nafis (National Association of Families Information Services) is currently undertaking a survey of childminders across England to gain their valuable feedback regarding the recent proposed childcare changes.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/moregreatchildcare

mum24
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Done, and passed on. Thank you Sarah, again.:clapping:

Sorry, just used to saying Sarah:blush:

Thank you kiddywinks, my excuse, it is so late....:D

sarah707
12-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Mum24 you made me laugh :laughing:

Thank you for sharing kiddleywinks! Let's make our voices heard guys! :clapping:

Roseolivia
12-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Done:):thumbsup:

loocyloo
12-02-2013, 07:42 AM
thank you!

all filled in with alot of comment abouty how i would have liked a box to choose if i wanted an agency! plus i can already do the job!

angeldelight
12-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Had in my email too

All done

Angel xx

cherry
12-02-2013, 08:02 AM
All done and I've sent it to other childminders in my area :thumbsup:

loocyloo
12-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I responded on the who should pay for this question by not ticking either of the boxes ad in the comment box putting:
I don't agree that the agency model should go ahead, as a childminder I would not pay someone else to do a job I'm perfectly able and capable of doing myself, and as a parent I would not be happy about lining a third person's pockets

Dear Colleagues,

Nafis (National Association of Families Information Services) is currently undertaking a survey of childminders across England to gain their valuable feedback regarding the recent proposed childcare changes.

can you put a link for the survey please that i can send to others? i did the survey before sending and now it is only seeming to come up as 'completed'! OR, if i send the link to others, will they be able to do it? sorry, not very technically minded!

thanks xxx

Rick
12-02-2013, 08:28 AM

Dear Colleagues,

They are unlikely to pass costs on to parents as the consensus with them is childcare costs too much already. Parents would look for childcare from childminders who are not part of an agency and hence the agencies would fail. Therefore childminders are likely to foot the bill. That's fine so long as they don't move the goalposts further down the line and force all childminders to sign up. Some childminders might be prepared to pay a fee to have someone else do the leg work with administrative tasks and parent matching, but as you say, childminders have coped so far so I don't see many childminders taking up this option.

My cynical mind says they will eventually try and make everyone sign up to the agency, allow us to take on more children, set how much they pay us and pass the savings on to parents to solve the 'child care costs too much' problem.

If they did that there would be plenty more :mad:, :censored: and :veryangry: smilies used on here!

lubeam
12-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Lol rick knight ! My dh always moaned about childcare costs but I always said £30 a day for 10 hours is only £3 a hour , it's not even minimum wage! As a childminder you need at least 2 mindees to make minimum wage , parents need to bear this in mind ! :)

Kiddleywinks
12-02-2013, 10:46 AM
can you put a link for the survey please that i can send to others? i did the survey before sending and now it is only seeming to come up as 'completed'! OR, if i send the link to others, will they be able to do it? sorry, not very technically minded!

thanks xxx

If you copy and paste the link it will take others to the blank form - no one will see your answers :thumbsup:

silvermist
12-02-2013, 10:58 AM
All done, thanks for the link xxx

nipper
12-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Tick tick :angry:

loocyloo
12-02-2013, 11:47 AM
If you copy and paste the link it will take others to the blank form - no one will see your answers :thumbsup:

thank you ... all done :D

lesley
12-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Thank you, done and passed it on

Lesley

AgentTink
12-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Done. Thanks for letting us know about it x

mum26
12-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Done as well.

caz3007
12-02-2013, 05:36 PM
All done x

mrstom
12-02-2013, 05:52 PM
All done xx

sarah707
12-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Done it!

for question 3 I didn't tick either box and I wrote 'Childminders do not want agencies' in the comment section :D

julie w
13-02-2013, 12:02 PM
I attended a meeting about this the other night. A big thing that really worries me is that we will have to pay to be part of an agency and no longer have our development officers. If I have this right, the parents will then have to pay the agency for child care who in turn will pay us. Also the agency will be the only ones to offer compulsory training so we will have no choice than to be with them. I love being my own boss and I dont want anyone taking that from me. Another thing they said is that when we have holidays our mindees will be offered places with childminders that have spaces whilst we are on holiday and that we must take other childminders children when they are away. That will mean that childminders that now charge for holidays will no longer be able to because the money will go to the childminder that has them. Now I know many dont charge for their holidays, but others do. The option will be taken from us. To me that is part of being self employed, ie to make our own decisions regarding fees, holidays etc. This is really worrying me at the moment.

SYLVIA
13-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Ive done it

welshgirl
13-02-2013, 01:22 PM
All done....but I wonder why our local FIS or council have not sent this to childminders in my area?!?

Kiddleywinks
13-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I attended a meeting about this the other night. A big thing that really worries me is that we will have to pay to be part of an agency and no longer have our development officers. If I have this right, the parents will then have to pay the agency for child care who in turn will pay us. Also the agency will be the only ones to offer compulsory training so we will have no choice than to be with them. I love being my own boss and I dont want anyone taking that from me. Another thing they said is that when we have holidays our mindees will be offered places with childminders that have spaces whilst we are on holiday and that we must take other childminders children when they are away. That will mean that childminders that now charge for holidays will no longer be able to because the money will go to the childminder that has them. Now I know many dont charge for their holidays, but others do. The option will be taken from us. To me that is part of being self employed, ie to make our own decisions regarding fees, holidays etc. This is really worrying me at the moment.

That could make a new childminders life rather interesting! I didn't have spaces for several months, but not sure I'd have been happy being used as the local dumping ground because I was the only one with spaces!!

Kiddleywinks
13-02-2013, 01:25 PM
All done....but I wonder why our local FIS or council have not sent this to childminders in my area?!?

I'm aware that several different areas have received the same email, so can only guess that some FIS's may be slow off the mark?

The Juggler
13-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Done it!

for question 3 I didn't tick either box and I wrote 'Childminders do not want agencies' in the comment section :D

lol - I wrote NONE, I don't want any agencies! :laughing::laughing:

I posted to FB yesterday and sent to my LA early years head and asked her to send to all CM's.

mummyMia
13-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks, I have filled it in.

tori4
15-02-2013, 02:12 PM
done thanks for the link