PDA

View Full Version : Examples of policies or some to buy?

vix84
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Hiya, I used to write my own policies but the ones I used to use I have gone off of. I want to keep them as short as possible as I know what its like when given a policy book, you skim over it, if its short there is more chance of parents actually reading it!

Has anyone got any good links for any, or recommend any to buy? I really don't have the time this time round to re-write them all!

Rick
11-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Hiya, I used to write my own policies but the ones I used to use I have gone off of. I want to keep them as short as possible as I know what its like when given a policy book, you skim over it, if its short there is more chance of parents actually reading it!

Has anyone got any good links for any, or recommend any to buy? I really don't have the time this time round to re-write them all!

Tbh, your policies should come from you rather than buying generic ones. Yes you can use someone else's as a starting point but it has to be specific to your setting. Can you not make your current ones briefer? :D

vix84
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes I was thinking Od have to add my own bits in, its not that my old ones are too long, Ive just gone off how I have written them, they don't seem as professional as Id like. Think Ill take another look in the am when Im feeling more awake and enthusiastic!