PDA

View Full Version : How long is allowed between completing course and starting to childmind?

Jen84
11-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

Please could someone give me some advice?
I want to go on the childminding course that completes in July 2013.
I dont actually want to start childminding until July 2014.
Is this allowed?
Thank you!

Rachael's stars
11-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I was told that from completeting the course i had 6 months to apply to ofsted, but it is different with different local autorities

vikkit
11-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm the same, I had 6 months too

Jen84
11-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi all,

Is this allowed?
Thank you!

Thanks guys... I am pretty sure I have 6 months to register too but I'm wondering if you can then wait another 6 months before actually looking after a child?
Jen

Rachael's stars
11-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Once you register you start work when you want but ofsted will want to do your grading around 6 months after registration, id just gibe ofsted a call they will have the correct answer

Koala
11-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Hey lets face it - Finish your course in July 2013 - apply to ofsted and could be July 2014 by the time they get around to you. :laughing:

Sorry a bit cynical tonight.

There is no time limit when you have to start actually childminding it's up to you when you work - it's your business - but I would apply to get registered as soon as possible then you have the option to start working whenever you want and also your childminding course info is fresh in your head to impress Ofsted.

Bennie
12-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi all,

Is this allowed?
Thank you!

I registered and then didn't mind for a year. When Mrs o rang I told them I had contracts signed to start in four months and by the time they came out to me I had actually been minding for nearly a year. The only thing with registering early is that your first aid etc are running out. But who is to say that you register and then can't get any mindees. Good luck x

vikiwizz
12-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Once you have registered you have 3 years before they take you off the registrar, obviously you need to pay every year