PDA

View Full Version : How to get out and about with 3 children under 2??

kat_towle27
09-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Hi ive been registered since Nov 12 and have had my first mindee since January. I also have my own child and both children can walk but are under 2 yrs so really need a buggy as a back up. I have a phil and teds double which is great but as from end of feb i will have another child who is 7months old. Im debating a triple buggy but dont know where to start and i dont have lots of money to spend on one. I know i could carry the baby in a chest carrier/sling but tried this with my own son and couldnt get on with it. Any suggestions would be great as i really want to be able to go out for walks to park etc?? thank you

blue bear
09-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I've got a buggy pod smorph2 on my phil and ted sport, works well. Or could you fix on a buggy board if one of the older ones would stand on, or one of those buggy boards that look like a bike.

caz3007
09-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Couldnt the older two just swap around if need be, so you would only need a double. Thats what I did when I had 3 under 3's, the older two took turns with the spare seat

MessybutHappy
09-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Depends on how heavy the 7 month is, but if they're a little 7 month, and strong enough, then both they and you might manage a back carrier? It all depends on how strong the baby is i.e. when they'd be able to support their heads suffiently, and how strong you are to carry one and push two!

green4lynn
09-02-2013, 09:46 PM
My local authority (east yorks) had a triple buggy they loan out! Maybe yours has one!

Lynn x

TAZ
09-02-2013, 10:48 PM
I have a back carrier, my ds rode in it till he was 4 (good walker but used to fall asleep during the school run after nursery) while I was pushing 2 in the buggy. Exhausting but a good way to keep fit, never felt the need to go to the gym:laughing:

Tinkerbell1979
10-02-2013, 08:52 AM
I have a 2 year old and look after a 17 month old and almost 12 month d. My 2 year old goes on te buggy board whilst 2 smallest in a double buggy

*daisychain*
10-02-2013, 11:08 AM
I too use a baby carrier and a good double , also have a triple which is a life saver , I work with my hubby and have 6 lil people some days. He is on his way back from collecting a out and about nipper we've just got off eBay , we have a double with small wheels which is useless :( think we'll be out lots tomorrow !

sharonmanc
10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
I am trying to figure this out too from the end of the summer I will have a 2 year old, 1 year old and 4 month old (continuity of care as have older sibling - 2 year old). I already have an out and about nipper double, with buggy board as my own daughter uses this now, she will be 4 in July.

So I will have 4 under 5, and I love to be out and about, and need to pick up my son from school - not sure how this is going to work

The Juggler
10-02-2013, 11:31 AM
i'd go with a buggy board on the double :thumbsup:

Glitter
10-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Why not look on ebay for a Joovy Caboose triple. It has two seats and a jump seat with a buggy board attatched. It is really hard to describe, you have to see one to understand. They can sell for as little as £170, so depends how much money you have to spare. They are very light and compact for a triple.

mazza58
10-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I use a buggy board for a 2 year old and she loves it in between she holds on to the buggy for a little while so allowing her to walk short distances too

sharonmanc
10-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Why not look on ebay for a Joovy Caboose triple. It has two seats and a jump seat with a buggy board attatched. It is really hard to describe, you have to see one to understand. They can sell for as little as £170, so depends how much money you have to spare. They are very light and compact for a triple.

oooh it looks good, has anyone had a caboose?

it would be good for getting around local, plus the paths on the way to school are narrow so this would be ideal for that, may be hard to push being so long.

mary49
10-02-2013, 09:20 PM
And the government want us to take on more children!! I use an out and about with a buggy board, it's really light to move and you can push it with one hand if needed

jadavi
11-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Ho beware if buggy pod smorph 2 on

jadavi
11-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Sorry take two..
beware of buggy pod smorph on phil and ted as they were not designed for them (even though some web pages say they are compatible)
Ours constantly slipped and fell off and our local guy (bike shop) who fitted it says they are wrong for it. Gave up in the end and fitted it to my graco duo which works fab. That is a light tandem (one behind other?) duo which is quite old now so you might get a good cheap one second hand.