PDA

View Full Version : Accident/medication Forms

crazysally
09-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi
What do you use to record accidents and when giving medication. I currently am using NCMA but find i need to only order these forms but these come in a whole package with other documents that i don't need. Was contemplating having a duplicate book for each child to write down both. Does anyone else do this?

houseofelliots
09-02-2013, 12:42 PM
You can buy parts of the NCMA Accident/Med books. I've just had to replace the injury bit. Check to see if they do a meds bit.

*daisychain*
09-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm the same, I have a whole pile of the other sections that I hardly use :/ interested to see what others use too :)

TAZ
09-02-2013, 07:43 PM
As NCMA forms have run out I have created my own. So far only had to do this for the accident forms, not really used many medicine forms but will do these as required. Can then just print them out as needed, complete/sign/get signed then photocopy them for the parents.

Allie
09-02-2013, 08:14 PM
If you are printing out as needed how do you get the parents to wait around while you print out so they can sign that 'little Johnny' will need medication at x o'clock? as you will need prior premission for medication

Allie

MessybutHappy
09-02-2013, 09:49 PM
I did my own forms and have a stash printed off ready to complete. If parents want a copy I have a photo-copy/printer, but they never have so far!

serin
09-02-2013, 10:43 PM
I did my own forms and have a stash printed off ready to complete. If parents want a copy I have a photo-copy/printer, but they never have so far!

I have a blank exercise book for both and create a table, fill it in and get them to sign that I have given this or this accident happened please sign and they do. Each child has a different page for confidentiality. Job done ar$e covered.

miffy
09-02-2013, 11:26 PM
I have created my own accident forms too and just print off and fill out as required. Parents are offered a copy but so far no-one has ever wanted one.

I make my own medicine record forms too - one per child and fill in each time I give medicine.

Miffy xx

claireh4505
24-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Can I just check, do we need permission prior to giving medicine? What happens if you dont have a form signed and the child needs some medicine (calpol etc) but you have checked with the parent via phone? Can you just get them to sign the form afterwards?

Thanks