PDA

View Full Version : Where does this fit??

Paula1974
08-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi Everyone

Whilst at our Childminders drop in group, the little girl I look after was playing with a telephone which has different colours on the dials, she told me all the colours independently and we counted how many holes there was. Please could someone tell me where this fits in the EYFS please I just can't seem to find it.

Many Thanks

Paula :)

moggy
08-02-2013, 02:24 PM
EYFS Development Matters does not cover everything and you can rarely 'look something up' and hope to find it. I find it best to pretty much put DM aside and apply common sense. Knowing and saying colour names- well, that is CL/Speaking as child is saying them, it is UW/The world as child is noticing details of things and colours are part of our world, and counting is Mathematics/Numbers. Hope that helps. DM is only a very vague guide, we can not follow it in detail and it is only there to help guide us and give us an idea of what is 'expected' at each age group.

Paula1974
08-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Thank you Moggy, I understand what you are saying just my mind goes blank when trying to link things to the DM thank you for your help.

Paula :)