PDA

View Full Version : Monthly individual short term planning?

serin
08-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi I think I have finally got the idea of how this long med and short term planning works. The thing is I would rather do my weekly plans on a monthly basis if this makes sense. Do anyone do this and can you show me a template so I can get an idea? Also do you organise activities daily or say 2 a week?... It just seems like alot of work.

serin
08-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi I think I have finally got the idea of how this long med and short term planning works. The thing is I would rather do my weekly plans on a monthly basis if this makes sense. Do anyone do this and can you show me a template so I can get an idea? Also do you organise activities daily or say 2 a week?... It just seems like alot of work.

Actually can I use this template and change it to month commencing?

sarah707
08-02-2013, 10:05 AM
My group planning is monthly... but it's hard to look at a child's rapidly changing individual needs over a month - these really need to be considered more regularly.

Hth :D

serin
08-02-2013, 10:24 AM
My group planning is monthly... but it's hard to look at a child's rapidly changing individual needs over a month - these really need to be considered more regularly.

Hth :D

Ok that makes sense but what if I edit and finalise end of the month?

Rubybubbles
08-02-2013, 10:53 AM
this document is also for EYFS 2008 so you'll need to update it according too xx

serin
08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
this document is also for EYFS 2008 so you'll need to update it according too xx

Yes this is pre editting :D

chezzagriff
21-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Im confused :panic: I just thought we do weekly planning and include activities on that for childrens next steps, eg. If focusing on one communication for one child and physical for another include those 2 activities into the plan.

Mia'smummyx
26-02-2013, 03:47 PM
I was about to ask the same. I have long term, monthly and then individual ( weekly). It seems my monthly plans are a waste of time? I have a 3 year old and 1year old.
My monthly plan is a breakdown of my long term for that month but then my weekly is then another breakdown of what I'm going to do with each child that week. I feel like my monthly ones are just there to look pretty as its all on my weekly plans anyway?
Leah x

jillplum
26-02-2013, 04:20 PM
There is no point in doing things more than once. Maybe have a yealy plan of festivals etc then a weekly plan.

Mia'smummyx
27-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks Jill. That's what I used to do but the more i go on google and look things up the more I panic I'm not doing enough. My yearly planning has, topics each month, children's birthdays and festivals. X

jillplum
27-02-2013, 01:47 PM
That sounds fine to me. As long as it works for you then there is no need for anything else. I know what you mean tho everytime I read about what somebody else does I start thinking maybe I need to do that too lol

gef918
09-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I agree that my monthly plan isn't particularly useful. By the end of the month there are so many scribbles over it as I react to the children's interests and needs that it doesn't look anything like the plan I gave to parents at the start of the month! However, it should make it easy for OFSTED to see that my outings and activities are heavily based around the children and reacting to their needs :)