PDA

View Full Version : Where to link?

welshgirl
07-02-2013, 02:27 PM
My head is boggling, I have looked through dev matters 3 times.. I just can't find it!
Where can I link 15 mnth old playing with little people, putting a man in various different vehicles and driving them around the room.
And
15 month old emptying boxes, lots of them, tipping them over and crawling inside!?

dette
07-02-2013, 02:40 PM
UW the world ..becomes absorbed in combining objects etc etc
maths 2 s s &m enjoys filling and emptying

rosebud
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
My head is boggling, I have looked through dev matters 3 times.. I just can't find it!
Where can I link 15 mnth old playing with little people, putting a man in various different vehicles and driving them around the room.
And
15 month old emptying boxes, lots of them, tipping them over and crawling inside!?

Understanding the World: The World: Knows things are used in different ways, e.g. a ball for rolling
or throwing, a toy car for pushing. (Page 39)

or

PSED: Self confidence and self awareness: Gradually able to engage in pretend play with toys (page 10)

Not sure about the second one but would probably put it as physical development. It could be a containing schema if he puts other things inside containers and may be used to demonstrate characteristics of learning - ie: how he learns (Playing and exploring) rather than what hes learning.

sarah707
07-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Remember you are looking for 'best fit' - not actual statements because the majority of statements don't exist any more.

Emptying boxes is a physical skill as you know ... climbing in is probably a containment schema and links to the characteristics of effective learning.

Hth :D

welshgirl
07-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Thank you for your replies, does anyone have a link to websites with info on schemas? He is always pulling things out of boxes and putting things in, along with putting himself in if he fits.

lisbet
07-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Info on schemas here:

Schemas - dorsetforyou.com (http://www.dorsetforyou.com/357248)