PDA

View Full Version : parents details form please

julie w
06-02-2013, 04:17 PM
I look after 2 children whose parents have not long divorced. The parents hate each other and the father does not want the mother to know where he lives. The children are sworn to secrecy about the address. Anyway Ive told dad I need some paperwork from him. Mum deals with all childminding side of things and signed the contract. So the only thing I believe I need from dad is his address and contact details.He says he will only let me have his details if it is a legal requirement and it is confidential. Therefore does anyone have some type of form just for parents details. I want something to look professional but theres no point giving him a contract form when I only need his address. Thank you.

TAZ
06-02-2013, 09:22 PM
I look after 2 children whose parents have not long divorced. The parents hate each other and the father does not want the mother to know where he lives. The children are sworn to secrecy about the address. Anyway Ive told dad I need some paperwork from him. Mum deals with all childminding side of things and signed the contract. So the only thing I believe I need from dad is his address and contact details.He says he will only let me have his details if it is a legal requirement and it is confidential. Therefore does anyone have some type of form just for parents details. I want something to look professional but theres no point giving him a contract form when I only need his address. Thank you.

As contracts are all signed by Mum and she deals with all the childminding things then Dad does not have to be involved at all. You only really need Dad's details if he wants to be able to collect kids (assuming he is allowed access) or if he wants to be informed /contacted in case of an emergency, It's not a legal requirement but you can & should keep it confidential (which may mean not keeping it in the children's folder or with their contract unless Mum is looking at anything relating to that). Explain to Dad why you want his contact details then it is his choice whether or not he provides them. If he doesn't then he cannot be cross with you if you do not inform him in an emergency.
I really feel for the kids in this situation, it must be very hard for them.:(

serin
09-02-2013, 10:50 PM

This family sound like headache. :panic: