PDA

View Full Version : College contract

Firefly
05-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi, does anyone else have experience of someone dropping out of their college course?

The Mum of baby I looked after had not arrived for couple of weeks, and has just told me she has moved back up the country and wont be returning. As the contract was with the college I know I am about to loose this terms money (and next), but does anyone know if they will pay for 'work done'? They had broken it into pro rata payments of £400 ish a month, even though my christmas invoice was £500 plus.

Can I just say to anyone reading this thread to get a months payment up front from the parent (I have learnt my lesson the hard way!)

MandyW
13-02-2013, 08:40 PM
I have a parent who college pay childcare fees for. They will not pay if the parent has poor attendance according to the paperwork I have from them. Do you have any terms/conditions paperwork from yours?

oxfordshirecm
13-02-2013, 09:31 PM
I had a student parent too- college paid upfront for hours so for example paid January's fees end if December. The mum decided that after Xmas she wanted her mum to look after her son do he could be in his own house for bed as she often got home late. She didn't give me any notice so I was worried I would not get paid- but when I phoned the college they asked if I required notice period - I said yes and they paid me it within a couple if days.

Do you have the number of who pays the fees to you? Maybe you could explain it to them. If mum was attending college whilst you had the baby then you should get paid it.

Although if mum wasn't attending and your after the money that kept the babies space open then maybe not- phone and ask

Firefly
19-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your comments
I am currently talking to the Financial chap at College. I will see what happens!
Firefly

lynncjt
21-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Good luck, I had a Mum who dropped out after 3 weeks but she was paying me direct as the funding had not been set up. Didn't get any notice though as it was still within the settling in period....

Firefly
29-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Good luck, I had a Mum who dropped out after 3 weeks but she was paying me direct as the funding had not been set up. Didn't get any notice though as it was still within the settling in period....

I have had a letter from the college telling me I owe them a cheque for the overpayment as 'childcare ceased' (their Student left without notifying me until she had gone!). I dont have a forwarding address either.

I shall not be doing any further minding for the college, or will be completing contracts with the Parent in future, and asking for payment in advance.

Colleges appear to be a problem for an awful lot of Childminders looking at other threads on other sites.
:censored: