PDA

View Full Version : I know I carnt claim but...

harleyrider
05-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I have a 3level garden.
1*patio 2*lawn 3*decking/play area.
I have someone coming to put a gated fence to restrict access from patio to lawn. I am having to do this as my 'lawn' is in a terrible state (due to our pup churning it up and digging, and the heavy foot traffic in winter mobths) and I need to re-seed or re-turf...atm I have 'deregistered' my garden. So I need this fencing to get my garden back into a safe outdoor area. In this instance can I put any of the cost through my accounts??

MrAnchovy
05-02-2013, 10:32 AM
You can claim a proportion (perhaps 5/7ths if you childmind 5 days a week and use the garden as a family on the weekend) of maintenance and repair costs. Reseeding, returfing and preparation probably comes under this category but the fence and gate probably aren't claimable because (i) it is not maintenance or repair and (ii) it is not plant or equipment.

auntym
05-02-2013, 06:43 PM
my garden is a state and needs reflagging etc, i understandably cannot claim for reflagging but can i put a portion through for returfing as to be honest i would have it all flagged it i was not minding but the mindees love playing out and keeping the grass to save on accidents if you get me

JCrakers
05-02-2013, 09:22 PM
My garden needs a refurb but it would only be for work. I'm happy with it as a family garden but it doesn't work very well with the little ones.
But I'm not doing it if I can't claim all the tax back so its having to stay as it is :)