PDA

View Full Version : NNEB

Karen Unsworth
05-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Hi. I currently work as a nanny and have done for 20 years. I have the NNEB diploma and was wondering if this is good enough to become a childminder. I understand I have to do the basic course but will I need extra qualifications also?
My current nanny job ends in July and I now have a 9 month old little boy so thought I would try childminding from home instead. I would like to get prepared so any help as to where to begin would be great thank you.

hectors house
05-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Everyone has to do the basic course and any other qualifications, other than safeguarding, first aid and food hygiene (depending on your area), are optional. Your NNEB qualification is still valid and equal to level 3 - and your practical experience and knowledge will be very useful. Some of us just like doing courses, increasing our knowledge, meeting new people and eating chocolate digestives!

loocyloo
05-02-2013, 09:07 AM
i did my NNEB many years ago, and nannied until i became a childminder.

i decided to do the level 3 childcare course a few years ago as soooo much had changed since i'd done my NNEB ... childrens act, eyfs etc !!! i found it really useful and updated all my knowledge! it was also a good way of meeting new and like-minded people.

i would contact your local FIS ( family information services ) and ask about going to an information session about childminding.

good luck. x