PDA

View Full Version : CONFLICTS/DILEMMAS when breaking CONFIDENTIALITY????

jenmaz2468
04-02-2013, 02:17 PM
In order to complete one of the units for my Level 3 my assesor feels I need to look at more serious conflicts and dilemmas which may arise where the Child or Parent's right to confidentiality has to take second place to protecting the child.

She wants a paragraph discussing what sort of issues this may involve?

Please help

xxx

mazza58
04-02-2013, 02:43 PM
not sure if this helps but does it mean if you had a concern involving the childs wellbeing and needed to inform social services etc and how that could make the parents feel that you have broke confidentiality and having to explain that this is because the child comes first etc.

Bluebell
04-02-2013, 03:11 PM
yep that's a good health, speech, general well-being.

What about if there has been a mention of domestic violence or shouting that will have a detrimental effect on the child. It hasn't been at the child only the parent but the parent has confided in you assuming it is confidential but you are worried that the child may be at risk? or that the family may just need some extra support?
Wish I could be more helpful - due to do my DV training next month!

Tunja
04-02-2013, 03:55 PM
In order to complete one of the units for my Level 3 my assesor feels I need to look at more serious conflicts and dilemmas which may arise where the Child or Parent's right to confidentiality has to take second place to protecting the child.

She wants a paragraph discussing what sort of issues this may involve?

Please help

xxx

My policy states that in child protection issues information may need to be shared. Parents agree to this when they sign up. So where I need to contact social services they are aware. It also states that unless a child's safety is compromised it will be discussed with them first.

Tunja