PDA

View Full Version : will my health problems stop me??

mrsc2010
02-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Hiya! I'm a newbie, I would like to start child minding, I have spoke to my local authority and I am in a high priority area! I didn't think of asking the lady, but I am in anti depressants at the mo, I have been on them for about 1yr. Will this stop me from being able to register??? I was put on them because they thought I had post natal depression. I do feel better on them and I'm not 100% I'm ready to come off them. (Think I'm worried about coming off them in case I still 'need' them.)
I am also overweight. :( but am dieting. Will these health issues stop me from being able to childmind.
I'm worried I'm going to pay out money to start childminding then be told I can't!!
Any help or advice will be great, thank you

Loushah
02-02-2013, 08:54 PM
You sound a lot like my friend, she was on anti-depressants (stopped them just before registering) and is also overweight and she is now a registered childminder.

I know another childminder who is completely deaf (sorry if not politically correct) and she is a great childminder.

There is no reason these issues alone would stop you from childminding.

Good Luck

shortstuff
03-02-2013, 06:20 AM
If you ring ofsted and put the relevant info to them they will let you know if it will be possible to register. I asked questions of them and they put my mind at rest. Give it a try. Hth