PDA

View Full Version : Food hygiene cert required

migimoo
02-02-2013, 07:08 PM
When I first registered last year I applied for a food hygiene doodah from the council with my DO's help and got my questionnaire...filled it in and returned it (probably after the time stated in the leaflet:blush:) and unsurprisingly heard nothing back.

Wasn't too concerned as at that time all of my LO's came with their own packed lunch and i'd demonstrated on my ofsted inspection how I stored their food....however I am now planning on including food in my fees....how do apply again? all of the pages my local authority's website send me to seem to be for things like butchers/restaurants,etc surely that's not for us?

I know I can contact DO on Monday but tbh I never get a spare moment:panic:

loocyloo
02-02-2013, 07:50 PM
i get a letter each year asking me if i am still childminding and dealing with food.

i say yes and that is it! no letter or certificate or anything to prove i am registered! they don't seem to be interested in what i actually do foodwise!

can you find the email details for the food hygiene people at your local council ( might be under environmental health ) and ask them? you can then keep a copy of your email and hopefully a copy of their reply!

good luck x

moggy
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Every local authority is different with their procedures and expectations, just phone the main council reception/switchboard and ask for food hygiene dept.

sarah707
02-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Ours don't really want us... but i wrote to them and told them I wanted to register so they sent me a confirmation letter.

All areas are different you need to ring your EHO :D

LauraS
02-02-2013, 08:51 PM
I too registered and heard nothing back. They know I exist but weren't interested in inspecting. What with funding cuts etc, some las probably have enough on their hands with the restaurants and takeaways to worry about small scale low risk businesses.

TAZ
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
I had to fill in a load of paperwork,6 months later they sent the same paperwork again - I phoned up to see if I REALLY needed to complete it again, did they not have the original on record? they were not sure so I just photocopied the first & sent it again with a note. I've heard nothing since!!!

blue bear
02-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I rang up, they said they were really busy with proper food places and would ring me back when less busy, am still waiting (they say the same to all the childminders)

migimoo
03-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks everyone-glad to hear i'm not the only one to have heard nothing back...will ring LA if I get 5 mins this week

chezzagriff
09-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Contact your local authority and they will put you through to the right department. I rang mine on Monday and someone is coming out to inspect me this Wednesday coming.

MessybutHappy
09-02-2013, 09:50 PM
I had to complete a questionnaire and post it back. Nothing more!

thills
09-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I had an inspector come out and check my kitchen. Tool about half hour but he barely looked at kitchen, just asked loads of questions about prep, storage and hygiene. I got a grading but it is never published as its for my On my way! Address. I got a certificate to prove I got 5's across the board and they had been