PDA

View Full Version : Messages

Beanie
02-02-2013, 11:39 AM
On my apps page of my phone, in the right hand top corner of the childcare forum app is a red circle with the no. 4 in. Usually this means I have 4 msgs waiting in the app but when I come on here I can't find any! :-/ As I'm new I think I must be missing something. Can you help please? Thanks!

sarah707
02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
I will refer your question to the forum tech team...

However, I think there is a limit to the amount of messages someone who is still in moderation can receive.

Have you tried logging into the forum on a computer and looking? It might be notifying you about 'likes' to your posts... :D

justgoodfriends
02-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi Sarah,
My number of Posts ticker seems to have stopped!

FussyElmo
03-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Hi Sarah,

Hi only posts in certain areas count. So any in the lounge, just for members dont count. Also multiply posts on the same thread dont count neither.

sarah707
03-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi Sarah,

Hi! Like Fussyelmo says some areas don't count - and multiple posts on threads don't usually count either.

Do a few posts in general childminding chat when you are next online and see if it goes up with those... let me know if nothing happens.

xx

Richard
03-02-2013, 12:56 PM
On my apps page of my phone, in the right hand top corner of the childcare forum app is a red circle with the no. 4 in. Usually this means I have 4 msgs waiting in the app but when I come on here I can't find any! :-/ As I'm new I think I must be missing something. Can you help please? Thanks!

I think the number shows how many 'notifications' you have. This includes unread messages and 'likes' that you haven't yet viewed via the website from the Notifications link at the top of the page.