PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg on Monday!

Binney
01-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Hi everyone! Freaking out a little. After being told that Ofsted wanted my permission for their medical company to investigate my medical history further a week ago, I was expecting a long wait while it got sorted or some hoop jumping or something. Got a call this afternoon to say everything has cleared and the inspector is coming MONDAY MORNING AT 9:45!

I think I can have everything ready in two days time. Did a quick online order for a travel cot to be delivered tomorrow and will pick up a few bits from the high street that I need and of course will be revising the EYFS and my interview questions and answers. I think I have all the documentation I need P&Ps, RAs, portfolio - still need to put together welcome pack. But petrified that I'm going to miss something and don't want to spend time and energy on the wrong things.

I know safeguarding is huge and my knowledge of the EYFS needs to be of a good standard but what should I be focusing on mostly. I have some safety proofing (like the stairs and a lock on the shed) but most cupboards are not safety proofed as such, just don't have anything the children aren't allowed in them. Chemicals and cleaning materials and meds are all out of reach. So it's perfectly safety proof just not overly safety proofed with actual locks and things - is that okay?

Any advice would be very very welcome!

Sabs1981
01-02-2013, 09:28 PM
The important thing to remember is that they are there to help and advise what might need to be place as well as inspect the environment, I found my one really helpful and I had a list of things that were not quite in place but would be and she was happy with it good luck

Jo1988
01-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Hey, I only have only got locks on 2 cupboards one for chemicals, one for a cupboard with glasses etc in... She didn't look in my other cupboards either! I was expecting her to have a good root around haha!! We had bad snow so I had managed to buy a gate for outdoors that I needed but hasn't put up yet and she was fine with it! They really focus on the EYFS and want to know about different activities you would plan for a young and old child. As long as you have gone through the booklet you will be fine it's pretty much what it asks you in there!! Also, you don't have to have the welcome pack ready but she liked that it was! X

jadavi
02-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Mine needed to know how I felt this or that was safe and that i had given it all some thought more than everything written.

Binney
02-02-2013, 12:12 PM
The important thing to remember is that they are there to help and advise what might need to be place as well as inspect the environment, I found my one really helpful and I had a list of things that were not quite in place but would be and she was happy with it good luck

Thank you Sabs! Very reassuring :-)

Binney
02-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Hey, I only have only got locks on 2 cupboards one for chemicals, one for a cupboard with glasses etc in... She didn't look in my other cupboards either! I was expecting her to have a good root around haha!! We had bad snow so I had managed to buy a gate for outdoors that I needed but hasn't put up yet and she was fine with it! They really focus on the EYFS and want to know about different activities you would plan for a young and old child. As long as you have gone through the booklet you will be fine it's pretty much what it asks you in there!! Also, you don't have to have the welcome pack ready but she liked that it was! X

Thank you so much Jo! I do have all the other paperwork ready and I have thoroughly risk assessed so I know the environment is perfectly safe, just worried that they might be super keen on having everything locked and bolted so glad that isn't the case. I will put the majority of my energy into reading up on my interview questions and EYFS documentation. Thank you again!

Binney
02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Mine needed to know how I felt this or that was safe and that i had given it all some thought more than everything written.

Thank you Jadavi! This is good to know. I feel confident I can answer these questions as I have given great thought to my risk assessing, so that's a relief.