PDA

View Full Version : visitor log

leeanne910
30-01-2013, 09:35 AM
I have a sign in and out sheet for.visitors....
Well it has
Date..name...reason for visit..time in..time out...

Was thinking needing a signature when signed out....but who signs...visitor or me

Tunja
30-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Well it has

Was thinking needing a signature when signed out....but who signs...visitor or me

More paperwork than required. You do not need a visitor log. You can always note on your calendar if a repairman is fixing the plumbing or friend is coming for coffee. No one needs to sign either!

Tunja

silvermist
30-01-2013, 11:46 AM
I have a visitors book(its not a requirement) they write name, date, reason for visit and time in/time out. If they dont fill it in I do. x

moggy
30-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Well it has

As it is not required you can sign or ask them to sign, whatever you want. It is not necessary, just note any visitors in your diary. But if you want to do it think carefully about what you are trying to achieve by doing it and then that will help you decide how to implement it.

rickysmiths
30-01-2013, 02:24 PM
I have never had a visitors book. Unnecessary paperwork. You know who is in your house at any time and where they are and you make sure they are never alone with the minded children? That is all that needs to happen. I assume you don't have dozens of people trailing in and out of your home every day? So why would you need a visitor to sign a book?

If a friend or relative drops in then I know them and sometimes I know they are coming sometimes I don't! If I have a workman of some sort here I know they are coming as well because I have made an appointment for them to come and that will be noted on my wall calender and in my diary with who they are, waht they are going to be doing and a phone contact.

I know why Nurseries and the like need a visitors book because not all the staff will know or need to know who might be in the building at any one time. If there was an incident or a fire the owners and emergency services would need to know how many people were in the building.

We do not work in institutions and we do know who we invite into our homes and where they are and what they are doing so why do extra paperwork?

Chimps Childminding
30-01-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm with RS why make work for yourself????

marie33
01-02-2013, 08:45 PM
I was told at a recent Quality forum in manchester that we did need a sheet for visitors for safeguarding reasons

sarah707
02-02-2013, 09:56 AM
I was told at a recent Quality forum in manchester that we did need a sheet for visitors for safeguarding reasons

Yes some Local Authorities and Local Safeguarding Children Boards do recommend them...

However, as it is not stated in the EYFS it is not an actual requirement unless you live in a place where you have been told you MUST have them...

It's another grey area I'm afraid you will find there are quite a few.

Hth :D