PDA

View Full Version : do parents need copy of all my policies

leeanne910
29-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Ok i have about 19-20 policies and procedures. I know i dobt NEED them all but i feel comfortable knowing they are there and works for me....do i need to give my parents a copy each?! I send them via email but do i need to print them too.for them....eeeeek...ink is all i think....helps

Rick
29-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Ok i have about 19-20 policies and procedures. I know i dobt NEED them all but i feel comfortable knowing they are there and works for me....do i need to give my parents a copy each?! I send them via email but do i need to print them too.for them....eeeeek...ink is all i think....helps

I normally just email them and put them on my website, as you say due to ink cost! You should share all policies or there's no point doing the ones you miss out. You couldn't enforce anything in them as the parent will say they didn't see or sign it.

catlyn
29-01-2013, 04:20 PM
mine are all on a CD and parents get a copy when they sign contracts..then they sign a form to say they have read and understoood them

leeanne910
29-01-2013, 04:36 PM
So i am ok emailing them? Parents do sign to say they have read and understood this is on my contract and also i have a signing form for them to sign say they seen read and understood. Is this enough

Rick
29-01-2013, 04:40 PM
So i am ok emailing them? Parents do sign to say they have read and understood this is on my contract and also i have a signing form for them to sign say they seen read and understood. Is this enough

I print a policies receipt form which outlines each policy I want them to sign for, then they return it signed. Noone's asked for a paper copy yet.

Rubybubbles
29-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I email them and get a signature to say the hAve read, understood and agree each time I update also

sarah707
29-01-2013, 07:14 PM
You have to give parents safeguarding and complaints procedures - so I print those.

The rest get emailed in pdf format - and they are printed 1 copy in a file for parents who do not have email to read at their leisure.

Hth :D

moggy
29-01-2013, 07:17 PM
I email the lot as pdfs.
They are all in my portfolio to read.
Parents sign off each one on a list to say they have read and agreed.

Kessie
30-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Does welcome pack have to be in PDF??
I have made mine in Word and already sent it to a parent and now feel silly.

Rick
30-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Does welcome pack have to be in PDF??
I have made mine in Word and already sent it to a parent and now feel silly.

PDF is safer as they can't be altered. But if you still have the email you sent with them in then that proves what version they have should they change it in word. I'm sure that won't be an issue but use PDF in future if I were you! :thumbsup:

lisbet
30-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Could some explain how you create/ save/send PDFs? Or point me in the right direction to find out? :blush:

moggy
30-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Could some explain how you create/ save/send PDFs? Or point me in the right direction to find out? :blush:

If you are using an up to date version of Word you just do Save As and scroll down fuile format options to pdf. If you have an old version of Word you may need a free pdf writing software, I can not advise further on that... Google it?

lisbet
30-01-2013, 01:45 PM
If you are using an up to date version of Word you just do Save As and scroll down fuile format options to pdf. If you have an old version of Word you may need a free pdf writing software, I can not advise further on that... Google it?

Excellent! Thank you :thumbsup: Another thing learned! :laughing:

Mollymop
30-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I shorten my polices and give it to them in my welcome booklet - I state that full policies are available to see on request and I get parents to sign to say they understand this

Rick
30-01-2013, 02:01 PM

No worries. I googled 'free PDF creator' and used the following:

FoxTab PDF Converter - Software Informer. FoxTab PDF Converter lets you create and convert any file to PDF. (http://foxtab-pdf-converter.software.informer.com/)

When you go to print, select the pdf creator rather than your usual printer name.

If you want to combine several pdf documents into one document then use this website:

FoxyUtils MergePDF - Merge PDF Files Online for Free (http://foxyutils.com/mergepdf/)

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

sydney31
31-01-2013, 11:50 AM
im so confuessed on which polices to give out in my welcome packs to parents.ive got Safeguarding, Complains, what else do i need to add

many thanks
sydney31

moggy
31-01-2013, 02:19 PM
im so confuessed on which polices to give out in my welcome packs to parents.ive got Safeguarding, Complains, what else do i need to add

many thanks
sydney31

Look at Free Resources-Free Downloads- Policies and Proceedures above:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/Policies%20and%20procedures.pdf