PDA

View Full Version : E Truss full report

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Apologies its a bit long

https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/More%20Great%20Childcare%20v2.pdf

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I do like the use of trival issues on page 10 as such of floorspcae and a room to talk privately.

Rick
29-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for that. I've had a skim through. :D

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Pg 12 allowing schools to take children earlier - no no no no no no poor children

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Pg 31 under 2's

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Pg 32 new childminder ratios

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Page 36 is about the agency

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I think I want to cry children in schools earlier whatever happened to learning through play - children needing sleep.

Children leave primary not being able to read or write now and the answer is to get them into school earlier :crying:

nipper
29-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Children need to learn how to get on with other children, not have earlier educational opportunities. All the govt seems interested in is how we compare with the rest of the European Union.

Ripeberry
29-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Bonkers! The whole lot of it! Where are the childrens' voices in all of this mess?

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Bonkers! The whole lot of it! Where are the childrens' voices in all of this mess?

Being taught how to read and write because that will make mummy want to go out to work - the fact there is no jobs well around here there isnt doesnt seem to enter the equation :panic:

willow2806
29-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Pg 5 - childminder agencies for an area that is lagging behind!!!! :angry: Rubbish!

wendywu
29-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Pg 5 - childminder agencies for an area that is lagging behind!!!! :angry: Rubbish!

But we dont have to join them so at least that is one good bit of news :)

nipper
29-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Being taught how to read and write because that will make mummy want to go out to work - :panic:

THAT'S IT! I thought something was wrong somewhere. You can just imagine the scene in government..."Well unemployment is up again, we've had to cut child benefit...hmmm what could we possibly do to encourage more parents to return to work to make up the shortfall...lets educate their children and promise that they will actually be able to read and do basic maths by the time they get to school at age 5...:panic:

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 01:14 PM
THAT'S IT! I thought something was wrong somewhere. You can just imagine the scene in government..."Well unemployment is up again, we've had to cut child benefit...hmmm what could we possibly do to encourage more parents to return to work to make up the shortfall...lets educate their children and promise that they will actually be able to read and do basic maths by the time they get to school at age 5...:panic:

Degree by 15 then they will have their graduate workforce :(

bunyip
29-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Degree by 15 then they will have their graduate workforce :(

Surely you mean, "Pool of highly-qualified unemployed people already carrying a lifetime debt, therefore enabling companies to maintain low wages." :huh:

bunyip
29-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Has anyone been on Nutmums-watch?

I'd be interested to see if those boureois valium-popping pseudo-feminists have been adding their own contribution of BS to the Truss woman's personal manure heap. :confused:

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 01:41 PM

I'd be interested to see if those boureois valium-popping pseudo-feminists have been adding their own contribution of BS to the Truss woman's personal manure heap. :confused:

No with all the stuff coming out today Im not sure Im in the right frame of mind.

But Im sure I have read today that only 5% of them agree with her. Now if thats true it really is frightening

nipper
29-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Welcome venerable Bunyip...power to the people

Rick
29-01-2013, 02:22 PM

The Netmums bunch all seem to be slamming this as well.....does anyone on our earth agree with Ms Truss?

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 02:23 PM
The Netmums bunch all seem to be slamming this as well.....does anyone on our earth agree with Ms Truss?

Isnt that the scariest part that netmums are supporting cms, nurseries etc :eek::eek:

nipper
29-01-2013, 02:31 PM
This from the head of the NDNA

The NDNA said that the ‘quality of early education must not be sacrificed’.

Chief executive Purnima Tanuku said, ‘Many parents do not want an increase in the number of children nursery staff are allowed look after; they are worried it will have a negative impact on the individual attention and care their child receives.

mORE WORK FOR US CHILDMINDERS THEN?

Ripeberry
29-01-2013, 03:00 PM

Only fruit loops...

thills
29-01-2013, 03:05 PM
What happened to children being children and being allowed to play. Having put in over 25 hours on cpd this month all I've heard is how important play is, and that children already don't do enough of it. From what I have read with this proposal they won't b playing at all!

Tunja
29-01-2013, 04:15 PM
What happened to children being children and being allowed to play. Having put in over 25 hours on cpd this month all I've heard is how important play is, and that children already don't do enough of it. From what I have read with this proposal they won't b playing at all!

I have long said the government wants childcare run like manufacturing. 'Fordism' There is no time to play, think or reason. That's not needed in a work force, get on with the work and start paying tax to pay for the pensions deficit.

Truss also needs to enrol on a child development course. She might find it helpful.

Tunja

LauraS
29-01-2013, 04:23 PM
This from the head of the NDNA

The NDNA said that the ‘quality of early education must not be sacrificed’.

Chief executive Purnima Tanuku said, ‘Many parents do not want an increase in the number of children nursery staff are allowed look after; they are worried it will have a negative impact on the individual attention and care their child receives.

mORE WORK FOR US CHILDMINDERS THEN?

These were my thoughts too. Could the.impending ratio difference between cms and nurseries be a selling point for us? I realise the numbers.difference has always been there to some extent, but has certainly widened with the 2 year olds....