PDA

View Full Version : advertising places

Rachael's stars
28-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi im just looking to clarify something..... iv always thought you couldnt advertise vacancies until you are registered but iv noticed a few people recomending you advertise before hand to potentially line up work ready to start once registered?

When is it best to advertise?

Thanks

FussyElmo
28-01-2013, 06:26 PM
You can advertise before you are registered however you have to set that you are not. Also its very hard to tell a potential parent when you actually would be :thumbsup:

Rick
28-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I had someone on my course who was desperate to be registered by last September because that was when the parent needed her. She couldn't guarantee anything but I think she was just on time.

If you can find a parent who is looking for childcare a few months down the line then it could work out well or both of you. You would have a child lined up and she would be fairly sure that you will still be available a few months down the line.

I don't know what stage you're at but advertise as soon as you can, you've got nothing to lose. I've lost count the number of ads I've seen from parents that is for months down the line.

Rachael's stars
28-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks. Crbs were sent 3 weeks ago and neither of us have anything on our records so im assuming in the next month or so my pre reg should be done and im flat out doing finishing touches to the house, garden and paperwork prob more than i need to but its hard to tell how much i do and dont need to have done for pre reg

Think ill give it a couple of weeks and start advertinsing.... where could i advertise without being registered apart from facebook ?
Many thanks for help xx

Rick
28-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Thanks. Crbs were sent 3 weeks ago and neither of us have anything on our records so im assuming in the next month or so my pre reg should be done and im flat out doing finishing touches to the house, garden and paperwork prob more than i need to but its hard to tell how much i do and dont need to have done for pre reg

Think ill give it a couple of weeks and start advertinsing.... where could i advertise without being registered apart from facebook ?
Many thanks for help xx

Do you have a local website? Mine is called Bath Mums and you can advertise for free in the classifieds section. The only place I know you can't advertise before being registered is childcare.co.uk where they specifically state you can't. You could start giving out cards at toddler groups, even if you have no children you could pop along and introduce yourself.

I realised I had to get myself known in the local community, being a male childminder and it is starting to pay off, but it took a while!

Rachael's stars
28-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Do you have a local website? Mine is called Bath Mums and you can advertise for free in the classifieds section. The only place I know you can't advertise before being registered is childcare.co.uk where they specifically state you can't. You could start giving out cards at toddler groups, even if you have no children you could pop along and introduce yourself.

I realised I had to get myself known in the local community, being a male childminder and it is starting to pay off, but it took a while!

I could imagine. Iv got two little boys and they are very good at breaking the ice might take them on some little tripps out. ...... best get busy msking cards or flyers now lol
Thanks