PDA

View Full Version : Had my pre-reg today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo1988
28-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Hi guys,

Phewwwwwwwwww it's all over.... 2 hours and 45 mins later and I can expect my registration certificate in the post within the week!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

If anyone who has their visit coming up and wants some advice it's all fresh in my mind right now so fire away!!!!!!

It really wasn't as bad as you think it's going to be and the time just flies!! She kept hinting at me to stop talking hahaha!!

So chuffed right now it's been a long process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had lots of support from the different threads on this forum so thank you everybody!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

mazza58
28-01-2013, 03:58 PM
congratulations now you can relax:clapping::clapping:

pat75
28-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Congratulations! Now let's fun begin.

Rick
28-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Well done you :clapping:

Now the fun really begins :laughing:

knittaroo
28-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Well done you! So what sort of things did she want to know? I'm guessing a good understanding of the EYFS? Management of behaviour? Importance of relationship and partnership working? Please tell me EVERYTHING so I can prepare! I'm feeling rather clueless....

Rachael's stars
29-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Well done you :clapping:

Now the fun really begins :laughing:

Congratulations lol im looking forward to the day i can put this on here too. Bet you feel like a massive weight has been lifted?

Any tips or recomendations? Can i be cheeky and ask what paperwork you had in place as im going round in circles lol

Well done

Jo1988
29-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi guys,

I had pretty much everything up and ready to go.....From observation sheets, all about me books, all policies and procedures, a welcome pack for parents, permissions forms, etc etc....She loved how organised I was....and it was really useful because for nearly every question she asked I had some sort of documentation to refer to!

If you work through the preparing for your registration booklet and prepare the documents that you think you need to have when you answer the questions it will help massively!

They do expect you to have a good knowledge of the EYFS but they also understand that you will understand it much more when you are putting things into practice. When she asked for examples of activities for a very young child and an older child that cover all 7 learning areas...I used examples of what I have done with my own children and talked about how I am going to use observations to plan for next steps etc. They want a lot of examples of how you are going to include parents with their care of their child x

knittaroo
29-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi guys,

I had pretty much everything up and ready to go.....From observation sheets, all about me books, all policies and procedures, a welcome pack for parents, permissions forms, etc etc....She loved how organised I was....and it was really useful because for nearly every question she asked I had some sort of documentation to refer to!

If you work through the preparing for your registration booklet and prepare the documents that you think you need to have when you answer the questions it will help massively!

Thanks so much! It's so nice to have brains to pick! Where do you get the preparing for your registration booklet from? I've not seen one! Also, I have my policies ready - not caught sight of an observation form. Planning to buy all the NMCA paperwork at least while I get started....will have to double check what is included I think!

Shamai
29-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Well done :clapping: its a good feeling :)

Jo1988
29-01-2013, 08:00 PM
If you go onto the Ofsted website search for the preparing for your registration visit booklet and print it off or google it and it should come up. I made all my own paperwork, I got some from a variety of places and adapted them. Some from here, some from a Facebook group, Bromley association etc! I would definitely recommend creating a learning journey or whatever you plan to use to, she was pleased that I had it all prepared x

lynncjt
31-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Congratulations!!!:clapping::clapping:

Binney
01-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Well done Jo! Congratulations!

And thank you for the tip about the documents :-) I have just been told this afternoon that my inspection is first thing Monday - very nervous. But I have all the documentation you mentioned ready to go. The only thing I haven't done yet is the Welcome Pack. I'll go through the ques like suggested and double check that's all I'm missing but wondered if you could share with me what type of information you put in your welcome pack. I was thinking a welcome letter, copy of P&Ps and list of things that they need and/or may want to provide for their child (although may include that in the letter) but not sure if there should be anything else..? Any advice is much appreciated.

Well done again!

TAZ
01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
well done:clapping::clapping:

Mia73
01-02-2013, 09:28 PM
I was never asked about the welcome pack. It was all about understanding how to keep the children in safe,policies, partnership with the parents etc.