PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

halor
27-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Here i am with another question, hope thats ok :confused:

I'm waiting with bated breath for Ofsted to contact me to arrange my pre-reg visit but I'm a little confused about public liability insurance. Do I need to have it in place ready for the inspection? I didn't want to get it just yet just incase they refuse me. Also, if you don't require it for the inspection do you need it in place straightaway afterwards or can you wait until you get your first LO?

Thanks for reading :)

shortstuff
27-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi you dont need it for pre reg. but you do need it before lo's start. Hth :-)

halor
27-01-2013, 05:09 PM
thanks Gail, is it worth getting it just incase after my inspection or can I wait until I have a LO to look after? Sorry if I'm being a bit dim.

shortstuff
27-01-2013, 05:37 PM
I got mine from the ncma as my cypop5 was organised through them so got 1yrs free membership and public liability insurance included. They put it in place when i had informed them that my pre reg had gone ok and i was successful. I assume as they are the people in the know this is the right way to do it. Im sure someone else will let you know if im wrong :-)

bunyip
27-01-2013, 06:13 PM
IIWY, I'd ring whichever insurer you wish to use (the main providers are NCMA and Morton Michel) and ask how much notice they need to put it in place. It's quite possible it can be done instantly with a phone call and a credit card (I've done this for the house and for our bikes before now) and I don't see why PLI shouldn't be the same, but no harm in checking. Then once you know when you need it, you can activate it. :)

halor
27-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks so much everyone :-)

Rick
27-01-2013, 07:35 PM
thanks Gail, is it worth getting it just incase after my inspection or can I wait until I have a LO to look after? Sorry if I'm being a bit dim.

Hi Gail you don't need to get insurance until just before a mindee starts or you are paying for no reason. Similarly hmrc don't need to know you have started your business until you have a mindee lined up or you are paying national insurance when you're not working.

HTH :D

halor
27-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Hi Gail you don't need to get insurance until just before a mindee starts or you are paying for no reason. Similarly hmrc don't need to know you have started your business until you have a mindee lined up or you are paying national insurance when you're not working.

HTH :D

Thanks Rick :)

TAZ
27-01-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm sure you can get insurance almost instantaneously over the phone & with payment, no point in paying til you need it. :)