PDA

View Full Version : expenses

SDC34cr
26-01-2013, 11:16 PM
I have changed the way i am costing things and have worked out a cost per meal/snack per child and total these up for each week and add to my monthly accounts.
I am thinking of working out an average for my cleaning expenses and things i use for the children ie wet wipes, kitchen roll, washing powder etc. And just adding this to my monthly accounts.
Would this be ok and do i have to keep receipts for the items i purchase for this?

Chatterbox Childcare
28-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I have changed the way i am costing things and have worked out a cost per meal/snack per child and total these up for each week and add to my monthly accounts.
I am thinking of working out an average for my cleaning expenses and things i use for the children ie wet wipes, kitchen roll, washing powder etc. And just adding this to my monthly accounts.
Would this be ok and do i have to keep receipts for the items i purchase for this?

You need to keep receipts as evidence to show how you have worked it out.

MrAnchovy
28-01-2013, 03:38 PM

No, you can only use this kind of average/estimate for food costs.

Maria Pia
28-01-2013, 03:48 PM
No, you can only use this kind of average/estimate for food costs.

I thought you didn't need to keep receipts for item under £10? So as long as the expenses for sundries are itemised, should be ok?

auntym
28-01-2013, 07:56 PM
i work out how much the meals i prepare cost in total, then devide by the numbers eating to give a cost, works out about 2.50 for a cooked tea. as for cleaning equipment i listed everything i use, toilet roll, wipes, bin bags, bleach, so on, and priced each up individually, and then worked out how often i bought them, eg:
toilet rolls 14 per week
£4.20, mindees go through one per day, my family one per day, so i put through £1.50 for just toilet rolls per wk, as thats one a day over 5 days
£1.00 bottle of bleach, i do every morning and every night, only once a day on wkend when not minding so i put through £0.40p for bleach
i do this with everything i use and the total amounts to about £6 per wk

MrAnchovy
28-01-2013, 08:42 PM
I thought you didn't need to keep receipts for item under £10? So as long as the expenses for sundries are itemised, should be ok?

Absolutely, but the OP was thinking of not itemising them but just adding an average each month.