PDA

View Full Version : A couple of bookkeeping Qs for MR A if he is around?

Minstrel
26-01-2013, 02:56 PM
I have done my accounts due this week (I'm on 2012-13) so please don't panic but I am trying to work out if I am doing some of it a bit long winded and wonder if any of it can be stream lined.

Regarding milage...

I keep a book in my car and record every journey- If I travel say from home to toddler group, to preschool, to the bank and then home can I just record the whole days milage or does it have to be broken down and itemised?

Regarding ultiities- Can I just work out what I spend on them over the year (appropriate %) and use this amount every week or does it have to be calculated every quarter when the next bill comes in?

Is 50% of my contracted mobile phone bill considered reasonable? I don't currently get an itemised bill to prove it but I am quite sure it is used at least 50% for work. I am on the cheapest tarriff for my phone so not taking the P. I have an all in bundle which I don't go over so would be difficult to work out how much each call/text cost.

I think that't it. Any help kindly received!

Marshmallow
26-01-2013, 05:32 PM
:( Is Mr A still A around ?

I have done my accounts due this week (I'm on 2012-13) so please don't panic but I am trying to work out if I am doing some of it a bit long winded and wonder if any of it can be stream lined.

Regarding milage...

I keep a book in my car and record every journey- If I travel say from home to toddler group, to preschool, to the bank and then home can I just record the whole days milage or does it have to be broken down and itemised?

Regarding ultiities- Can I just work out what I spend on them over the year (appropriate %) and use this amount every week or does it have to be calculated every quarter when the next bill comes in?

Is 50% of my contracted mobile phone bill considered reasonable? I don't currently get an itemised bill to prove it but I am quite sure it is used at least 50% for work. I am on the cheapest tarriff for my phone so not taking the P. I have an all in bundle which I don't go over so would be difficult to work out how much each call/text cost.

TAZ
26-01-2013, 06:13 PM

Regarding milage...

I keep a book in my car and record every journey- If I travel say from home to toddler group, to preschool, to the bank and then home can I just record the whole days milage or does it have to be broken down and itemised? As far as your tax return is concerned you just need a total, I keep a daily total which gets added up at the end of each month/year for my records

Regarding ultiities- Can I just work out what I spend on them over the year (appropriate %) and use this amount every week or does it have to be calculated every quarter when the next bill comes in? Your tax return just needs the years total, I record my utility bills through the year & work out the percentage at the end of the year

Is 50% of my contracted mobile phone bill considered reasonable? I don't currently get an itemised bill to prove it but I am quite sure it is used at least 50% for work. I am on the cheapest tarriff for my phone so not taking the P. I have an all in bundle which I don't go over so would be difficult to work out how much each call/text cost. That sounds ok

I'm not Mr A but have tried to answer your questions. Hope it helps:)

MrAnchovy
27-01-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm around but I'm kinda busy this time of year :D

You need to record every (business) journey.

You can add everything up over a year.

Nothing is considered reasonable without an explanation: if you can explain how it is used 50% for work then that is reasonable.

Hope that helps :D

Minstrel
27-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Thank you all!