PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journey for School Age Childcare!?!

Wiggle Wiggle
25-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Hello,

Just wondering what other childminders use to record or even you record at all the day of an after school child? Do you use something like an EYFS Learning Journey? Also if you have planning sheets etc. and if you would be willing to share please. I have searched and searched and coming up blank, now starting to get concerned as if I don't know how to record for the after school child recently started with me who is almost 8 years old. I now that soon she will be in the voluntary register however, I still feel something is needed and Mrs O. will be along shortly and I do not want to shoot myself before I have even begun!:blush:

Thank you for your help!!

silvermist
25-01-2013, 09:09 PM
My three schoolies aged 5,7 and 8 yrs all have their own scrapbook. They draw pictures and stick things in it. I might see them doing something so will write it on a post it and stick it in too. With the 5 yr old I occasionally write up an observation and link it to eyfs. I dont do loads of planning for schoolies, just write one sheet a week with an activity/craft which is offered to them to do however I dont push them to do it. Sometimes they just want to play with the toys, sometimes they do homework and sometimes they watch tv. I let them decide after all, theyve been learning all day at school. xx

Wiggle Wiggle
25-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Thank you, Silvermist, this is very helpful!:)

silvermist
25-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Thank you, Silvermist, this is very helpful!:)

You're welcome. :thumbsup: