PDA

View Full Version : Activities for an 8 month old

Littleglees
21-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi, can anyone suggest an activity for a 8 month old, he enjoys cars and rattling objects x

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Mrs Scrubbit
21-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I would just let him explore what he wants at his own pace -too young for a set activity imo x

TAZ
22-01-2013, 12:08 AM
The 8mnth old that I mind loves music/dancing, painting (getting hands really messy), rolling balls and searching out everything in the room that is NOT a toy!! He is a really happy chap, always smiling and loves social interaction :clapping:

Littleglees
22-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Thank you ladies, I do normally let him roll around but with Ofsted coming for my first inspection I was a little worried what to do x

sharonmanc
22-01-2013, 07:53 AM
my 7 month old loves sensory play, cooked spaghetti, so he can get his hands in it, also dry past, but he has a dummy, so I pop that in so he does not eat it. Discovery bottles are good too.

littlelollies
22-01-2013, 08:43 AM
I cant get my 8 month old invested in anything if isn't stimulated at home so its hard to get him to do anything....too strenuous and if screams

hectors house
22-01-2013, 09:05 AM
How about making shakers out of pringle containers, or cocoa tins and putting rice, lentils etc - I also have one with cat collar bells , create a treasure basket, metal serving containers with handles on (like you get in indian restaurant) are great for putting things in and stirring or banging with wooden spoons.

Littleglees
27-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Thank you all :-) x

Rick
27-01-2013, 10:09 AM
The 8mnth old that I mind loves music/dancing, painting (getting hands really messy), rolling balls and searching out everything in the room that is NOT a toy!! He is a really happy chap, always smiling and loves social interaction :clapping:

Certainly the rattling would suggest using musical instruments, cars, anything that moves or with wheels. My 8 month old is into climbing up against everything so I provided an upturned storage box which is a bit lower than the sofa and easier to pull up against and can play with things while standing. There's no right or wrong, just let LO explore the environment and see if there's anything else they like :thumbsup:

shortstuff
27-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Another good one is dry pasta and rice or shells in an empty milk carton with the lid glued on. They can hear and see the movement x

Rick
27-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Another good one is dry pasta and rice or shells in an empty milk carton with the lid glued on. They can hear and see the movement x

I like that idea :clapping:

Littleglees
27-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Thank you x

emarshall82
27-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I look after an 8 month old and she is interested in everything noisy and balls. I sit for ages rolling a ball to her. She loves it. I also play peepo as she has started to enjoy that and laughs. Not sure what else to do with her either x