PDA

View Full Version : Planning & Summerative Assesment

handeme
20-01-2013, 05:07 PM
I am having a paperwork overhaul and I wondered how you all do these?

Planning is the weekly planning that you do and the summertative assessments the ones you do termly.

Thanks x

jadavi
20-01-2013, 05:28 PM
I did use many different files and sections but this was mainly to show Ofsted and wasn't very practical for my assistants to read - or for me to keep track of during the day.
I am now trying using only an A4 page a day diary with a column for next steps down the side. This records day to day activities. And ongoing obs for each child. I tick when the next step has been done on the column down the side. The weekend pages before each week lists my detailed plan for the coming week which is based on the next steps ideas columns.

(I will continue to do my summative assessments as before on a new sheet and stick into learning journal every term or so.)

After my first week of my new diary system it has worked really well, it was referred to and added to many times by all of us thru the day and the week and I now feel better in control of my planning and best of all I'm not doing it just for Ofsted!

I also use the phone app 2simple to record photo evidence and link it to the eyfs from the drop down list, email it to myself and print it out and stick into learning journey ( I write down what parent says about it,)

My only worry is that the book will get spoiled so I not leaving it on the kitchen table any more!

sarah707
20-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I choose to do summary assessments every 6 months for my Eyfs aged children - it is not a requirement but I feel it helps me to spot any gaps in their learning and things I want to focus on next with them.

I ask parents questions and add their comments too. :D

handeme
21-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I do mine termly but want re design the form I fill in for summertative assesments x