PDA

View Full Version : Overhaul of Learning Journals: Summartive Assessments and Trackers

Belly2009
20-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi,

I am having a bit of an overhaul on my learning journals this weekend as I dont want to go out in the snow (Dodgy ankle and making the most of the peace and quiet whilst hubby takes the kids out)

Our LA provided us with trackers which we were to use as our summartive assessments (same LA forgot to tell us about characteristics of learning!) which we copy the relevant best fit statements into a chart and colour code them for emerging, developing and secure. Is this what other people are using as a summartive assessment or are you supplying school type report styles?

Thanks

moggy
20-01-2013, 11:43 AM
This is how our local authority do it, I have made some tweaks for my own use but basically it works well:

West Sussex County Council: Early assessment (http://www.westsussex.gov.uk/doing_business/running_your_business/early_years/running/ey_foundation_stage/early_assessment_materials.aspx)

sarah707
20-01-2013, 04:15 PM
It sounds very similar to what I am doing - every 6 months I pull together all the 'best fit' observations and assessments and look at how much progress the child has made - and spot any gaps I might need to concentrate on next :D

Belly2009
20-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes it works well and at my inspection in aug I showed Mrs O who was impressed.

We were told termly but have found myself doing it start of each rerm and then July so basically every 4 months lol