PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Records

Katy M
18-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Do you get parents to sign your attendance records?

I use MM paperwork and their attendance records have place for parent and childminder to sign each week. I just wondered if this is necessary. Most parents don't mind but just sometimes it seems like a hassle for them, so I thought if it isn't a requirement (having it signed) why am I doing it.

Ballette
18-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm with MM and I designed my own attendance sheet which I get signed each month

Daisy De
18-01-2013, 03:58 PM
I use an adapted version of the one in an ebook from Sarah I bought ages ago.

One sheet monthly per child and at the end of the month both myself and parent sign it.

Getting them to sign once a month isn't too difficult it goes home with most parents in case they want to check hours, although two sets of parents sign at my house due to them being unable to return it and as I'm fed of nagging them, it now stays with me. One parent told me don't give it to me, I will just lose it, hopeless lol :doh:

sarah707
18-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I ask parents to sign monthly when they collect their bill - I tell them they just need to confirm the hours.

They see me writing on the registers so they know that the numbers are right and they are all in a good routine now and remind me if I forget :laughing:

:D

Tunja
18-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Do you get parents to sign your attendance records?

I use MM paperwork and their attendance records have place for parent and childminder to sign each week. I just wondered if this is necessary. it.

I always fill in the time to the nearest 5mins. This helps with billing and provides a record of attendance should it be required at a later date. For example for a complaint where Ofsted visited because I had a car full of children who waved to pa passer by. They used it to count the number of children, looked at the car and counted the car seats and then laughed at the 'silly person'.

I have never got parents to sign and have never been pulled up for this and have had 'outstanding' at the last two inspections'.

Tunja

vals
18-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I have never got them to sign, though it was suggested to me recently that I could. But I am happy with my register and would have to get a new one if I wanted them to sign it. She said it was to cover me if there was any complaints as it would show who was and wasn't with me. If I am told that I HAVE to get them to sign then I will, but I don't feel the need to do it.

rickysmiths
18-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I have always got my register signed. It paid dividends last year when a parent made a complaint, part of which was that I hadn't informed her of something. I was able to copy her child's page from the register and disprove her complaints and none were upheld. If she hand not signed to confirm the hours and confirm by signing that she had been made aware of a situation it would have just been her word against mine and Ofsted may well have upheld the complaint.

Sign every time for me. It is just a question of getting into the habit, most of my parents say on their last day in the week, 'oh I need to sign don't I'.

mum24
18-01-2013, 09:56 PM
sometimes I do and sometimes I don't - it depends upon the parents I have, some don't mind and others get fed up with it, so I tend to chop and change, I do like them to sign though if for some reason they are late, or they have extra hours, just to be sure we both agree.:)